Front rubber floor mat

My 64 Superior almost complete, needing front rubber mat for floor. Didn't use carpet, I would like molded. However, I have enough of the diamond pattern rubber mat that could be cut and used, but don't think it would look as nice. So here is question...where do I go to buy a molded front rubber floor? Also, I have heard of the use of a sound barrier matting that you put down first....name of it?

Don't know where to get rubber. My 59 had rubber even though regular hearse not ambulance so I went back with carpet and it looks great.

My 60 Superior 3 way also had the rubber, so this must have been common in this era.
I know a couple people on here has replaced them but cant find the thread, I think one of them was Richard Vyse.

The diamond pattern rubber was quite common on the Superiors of that time period. Not only in the front floor, but in the rear storage/church truck compartments as well.

Brady has a very nice looking new rubber floor in his 1959 Superior.

Many people use Dynamat sound barrier material (dynamat.com). I think that is what you may be looking for.

NEVER use carpet in commercial chassis if you are looking for correct.

Your car should have rubber but you can use vinyl which is available, cheaper, and easier to care for. It is available molded to your floor pan from Auto Custom Carpets Co. The Cadillac Commercial Chassis didn't come with carpet whether it was built as a hearse, ambulance, flower car, or anything else.

Doug,

Both my 67 and 69 ambulances had the same rubber floor. If you find a supplier, please let me know as I have been looking for a few years to find a reproduction.

From what I have heard, Superior used the same rubber floor in the Pontiacs from the early 60s on to the late 60s, early 70s.

My 69's floor mat had this number on it: 7690223. I do not know if it is a model number, or something else, but I hope it helps.

Your car should have rubber but you can use vinyl which is available, cheaper, and easier to care for. It is available molded to your floor pan from Auto Custom Carpets Co. The Cadillac Commercial Chassis didn't come with carpet whether it was built as a hearse, ambulance, flower car, or anything else.

What year did this change cause my 70 combo came out with carpet?

I have seen mostly rubber flooring, however, I have also seen them with carpet. Our 1969 Superior Cadillac was delivered with black carpet flooring when new. I remember how hard it was to keep it looking clean and fresh.
The mat that is available from ACC (Auto Custom Carpet) is a vinyl mat, and it doesn't fit well from the few that I have seen. Unless you were trying to keep it 100% original as delivered, then I would use carpet of the type that came in the cars of the era of your vehicle.

one could ask were the man that Brendon got the 63 from got the replacmet rubber matt for it. it a heavy rubber with backing pad.

!

For the rubber mat I use ACC, make sure to ask for the milled pebble. I ordered it for a 1960 superior front section, and then got cut yardage for right behind the front seat (what was done originally). I use (FATMAT) for the sound and heat barrier. It is cheeper, and you get alot more for your dollar!! Its only $139.00 for 100 sqft at fatmat.com
ACC does not list for a 75 series but they do list a limo IDK same to me!!
I have an account with ACC. I think the mat was $135, and the cut yardage was 2 yards at $60. It might differ if you do not have an account.

one could ask were the man that Brendon got the 63 from got the replacmet rubber matt for it. it a heavy rubber with backing pad.

I'm open to all suggestions.....you have a number for him? If I already have the diamond rubber mat, can it be cut and used AND look really nice?

Attachments

• rubber mat.jpg
    rubber mat.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 150
Doug, I think if we were to take the seat out, lay it in, and use a heatgun I think we may be able to make it look nice. It's worth a try.

My 60 Superior 3 way also had the rubber, so this must have been common in this era.
I know a couple people on here has replaced them but cant find the thread, I think one of them was Richard Vyse.

I did find a company that provided a molded rubber for my Lifeliner and will see if I can locate them for you.

I did find a company that provided a molded rubber for my Lifeliner and will see if I can locate them for you.

Just so you know Im not the one looking for it, my 60 is long gone, I was just trying to help the person that started the thread and thought of you because I remembered you recently purchased some. Im sure many people will be greatful if you can find the company and post it here.

I do not have a number for him. but I would not attempt to put that rubber in . first of all it's the wrong pattern. you will have to cut it to fit it over the transmission hump it would be possible to do a combination of the carpet over the hump and the rubber on either side if you have the center still but you'll never get that one formed over it . they split this one here in two places one over the canter of the hump and the other were the hump joined the fire wall. this is how they cut the taper in the center. then it been re vulcanised. in the canter left loose in the front. the side pieces that lay between the sill and the seat were the pyramid pattern the rubber rug is the pebble.

Attachments

• IMG_11782a thats better.jpg
    IMG_11782a thats better.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_11813a not we are in.jpg
    IMG_11813a not we are in.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 105
For the rubber mat I use ACC, make sure to ask for the milled pebble. I ordered it for a 1960 superior front section, and then got cut yardage for right behind the front seat (what was done originally). I use (FATMAT) for the sound and heat barrier. It is cheeper, and you get alot more for your dollar!! Its only $139.00 for 100 sqft at fatmat.com
ACC does not list for a 75 series but they do list a limo IDK same to me!!
I have an account with ACC. I think the mat was $135, and the cut yardage was 2 yards at $60. It might differ if you do not have an account.

I should have backed up a bit and read....Do I get FATMAT from them (ACC) or a supply house?

Back