Code 3 Dash Laser

Denny Shira - Deceased - 1951 - 2020

June 5, 1951 - January 29, 2020
Anyone know of an aftermarket source for parts for the dash laser? I know the bulbs are available at NAPA and Auto zone. Need 2 of the flasher assembly w/ring gear. I know newer and better lights (LED,ETC) are in vogue now, but like most folks on this site, I LIKE RETRO!!! Code 3 part # S18103. Any help or leads appreciated. As a footnote,code 3 is very pricey for these. Aprox $60.00 each.

I see lenses for sale (and I have several in most colors if you need), but I don't know that I've seen Dash Laser parts. Might be easier to buy a new one really.

Steve, thanks for your post. The gear in question is very easy to change. It just bugs me that code 3 wants so much for it. If any body has a broken or trashed dash laser that still has a good gear in it, please let me know. I would be glad to buy it from you.

I have watched youtube videos of various dash lasers in action, and I believe the halogen bulbs are actually a lot brighter than the LED ones.

I know newer and better lights (LED,ETC) are in vogue now, but like most folks on this site, I LIKE RETRO!!!

As one of the "most folks on this site", I replaced our Federal Fireball that was used on our limo. Two new LED dash lights for the coach and limo. Most of the time I drive the removal van and lead the funeral procession and still not willing to give up MY Federal Fireball, FBH11. If I had MY way the removal van would have MY Federal 175 beacon. :cool:

Back