1995 Cadillac S&S six-door limo

Well.. I finally took the plunge and bought a 6-door limo, it's a 1995 Cadillac by S&S. Loved the rear interior configuration with rear seating facing eachother. More pix later once it's home in the big garage from Cleveland. I've wanted one for a long time (right Danny?!?!) and this S&S will be a nice addition to the collection.

sideangle_zps135afb6a.jpg

bestinterior_zps6ac42179.jpg

Good thing I had to skip the Hell, MI meet...god knows what you would have come home with if you had another driver available to you.

So, the question is, what gets to sit outside now? Let me know if you want to store one of those fancy mowers at my place for the next 10 years or so...

Congrats looks like a nice car. Two things to save you some grief. I have had about 400 Caprice cop cars over the years the Cadillac is a trimmed up Caprice. That said Check the water pump for ANY sign of leakage when it goes it leaks on the Opti Spark distrib. and takes it out too a costly part. Second is these cars are now famous for cockeyed windows due to roller/slider failure in the regulators. The prevention is take a few hours pull the door panels get a can or two of white spray grease and lube ALL of the sliders liberally (the ones on the window and the ones on the inner door) run the window up and down and do it again. Do this and you will not have the roller failure. I have a 96 Commercial Glass six door it arrived with the left rear door at half mast and a shattered roller. I can't tell you how many we replaced for the cops before the Crown Vic took over. Good Luck with the car Pete

Looks like someone changed the seat position (pretty common), some had a reversible seat option. The shoulder seatbelts are in a position for a forward facing seat. Very nice looking limo, those engines will last forever! I know quite a few going strong with over 400,000 miles.

Congrats looks like a nice car. Two things to save you some grief. I have had about 400 Caprice cop cars over the years the Cadillac is a trimmed up Caprice. That said Check the water pump for ANY sign of leakage when it goes it leaks on the Opti Spark distrib. and takes it out too a costly part. Second is these cars are now famous for cockeyed windows due to roller/slider failure in the regulators. The prevention is take a few hours pull the door panels get a can or two of white spray grease and lube ALL of the sliders liberally (the ones on the window and the ones on the inner door) run the window up and down and do it again. Do this and you will not have the roller failure. I have a 96 Commercial Glass six door it arrived with the left rear door at half mast and a shattered roller. I can't tell you how many we replaced for the cops before the Crown Vic took over. Good Luck with the car Pete

There's a total flashback to my days of owning an Impala SS. The window roller debacle caused many people a headache, if I remember right, fixing it as a preventative measure was much easier than fixing it after it was broken, primarily because you could still move the window when it wasn't broken.

Yes, Optispark=expensive. If you intend to keep it, replacing the water pump with aftermarket might be cheap insurance.

Also, I don't remember if it was Impala SS specific or not, but one of the bezels that went around the window control switches on mine got wet from some rain at a drive thru, and the water literally melted the plastic and ruined it. I couldn't tell you why, made no sense at all, but it happened, and finding a matching one was nearly impossible. Mine was black, and I had to get a wood grain one and paint it.

That was my favorite car of all, and I don't miss it a bit. Call it a love-hate relationship. If GM could build cars with Lexus quality, they'd sell billions of them.

Nothing will have to sit outside Todd, the limo will fit nicely in the pole barn with the '64 Pinner and '69 Mercedes off to the side. The Eagle hearse will stay in the house garage with the Jeep. You can help make room, come on up & buy a zero-turn mower & enclosed trailer!

Thanks for the info guys about what to watch for on problem areas on the limo. I hadn't noticed the seat belt strap setup John, thanks for pointing that out. Didn't see any seat mounts out in the open so assumed the reverse seat had always been that way but I know very little about these 6- door limos.

welcome to the real world Todd. we limo owners need our own chapter. yours is most likely a flip seat a little playing around and you'll get it. you can tell it is by the back and the seat being the same shape and there are no head rests. all it does is roll what is now bottom becomes back. S&S was big on them in the accubuilt line. you center doors have out side handles or they open with a button? most of the S&S line were set that way.

Congratulations Dwayne! Those 93 to 96 Broughams were great cars, so are the limos. I find them very appealing.

congrats

Dwayne,
Glad to see you finally found your dream car. That is a great looking car.
You will soon be needing to ad on to the pole barn.
Mike

Dwayne, my friend, you for sure stole that one. Drink a few beers, get in the back, and kick the dent out of the roof. Keep a check on the stainless pieces at bottom of body panels. You can't buy new and C.W. coach don't always have them anymore and they bring as much as $300 per piece. FIrst ones to go is skirt pieces and ones behind those when tires blow out they get ripped off.

Well the limo is gone already. I had no intentions to sell it... but sometimes someone offers a head's-up trade out of the blue that ya just can't say NO to! :eek:

2013-11-10_17-24-20_322_zpsd221939f.jpg

1980 Harley FLH ElectraGlide

Danny the wire wheels went with it, still have the whole set of original wheels/tires. Aluminum rims say "limo only" cast on the inside (beside the lug holes) and will be for sale soon.

Back