Need cooling fan for '67 Cadillac

John Burchfield

PCS Life Member
A few of you know that I had a little mishap w/ my '67 Crown a couple of weeks ago. The radiator got pushed into the fan and I'm going to need a new one. Amazingly, my body man found a new Cadillac CC radiator for 300.00 at the little local radiator shop. The fan has 7 blades. The bolt pattern on the '72 parts car fan is wider and won't fit. What is the year range for the correct cooling fan? Is a different fan used w/ the heavy duty commercial chassis cooling system, or will a fan from a deVille or Fleetwood work? Thanks for you help.

I haven't dug into the parts book for this one issue, however, for the most part, all the fans are the same. If you still have the original fan, measure across the blades to determine the width. If it is between 18 - 18 1/2 inches, I know where you can get one. In reality, the fans were all made by a few outside contractors, so a fan from another brand of automobile will work just as well as one from a Cadillac. Lets keep this secret between ourselves, since I don't want to suffer the consequences by the purists that insist on only Cadillac parts. :D
Also, save the old fan clutch, since it will be needed to compare to the replacement. They all look alike, but there are subtle differences that can make big differances...

Thanks, Paul. Actually there is no fan clutch on this one, or any of my Cadillac commercial chassis, except maybe the '81. Of course, that's a different beast altogether! I was by the shop today to drop off a bumper part he needs, but he had gone to lunch and things were locked up so I didn't get to see the car (or fan). I'll get my repairman to measure the fan diameter.

'67 Crown you say? Here is a complete unit ready to part out at a local spot:

l_4222f2f124bd450cbcd64341c528c8d9.jpg

l_eb0563c6777a49f79d6632b387aaeb31.jpg

l_ee1fb3dfb82a4e12b5758067163fad84.jpg

Call the owner, Henry, directly and be sure to reference me - 512.272.4114. He's quite reasonable with prices.

Back