1966 Superior Pontiac Consort Combination

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
I realize that some of you might be interested in a Consort. This car belongs to a former PCS member, who was also a Northeast Chapter member, Bill Deagan. I last saw Bill and this Consort in 2016 at our Gettysburg Meet, during the show. I looked at this car in about 1996 at the funeral home where Bill bought it.

I sure wish someone would restore this one. Don't look at me, I already have a Consort.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Ponti...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Unfortunately, the seller won't even get a quarter of the "Buy It Now" price in its present condition. It is sad to see them left outside to deteriorate like this.

1966 Pontiac Bonneville Hearse/Ambulance . Long name is Consort Combination Limousine. Built on a 66 Bonneville 4 door chassis. Only 102 made. RARE CAR. Custom built by Superior Coach in Cosckousko Mississippi. Built on January 7,1966. Has the original siren and stretcher from this very car. Siren works as does the light. Radio and Heater delete. Has A/C. PS, PB. Manual crank windows. Was driven daily once out of service. Mileage is 138,000+. 19 feet long and has a curb weight of 4,940. It has the raised roof and the Tiara treatment on the roof. I bought it from a Funeral Home in South Amboy New Jersey. I've owned it 21 years. Runs and drives. In the process of getting Rear Axle Bearings. Engine will need to be rebuilt. The Rings are bad, smokes. Still runs. Has a folding jumpseat that folds into the floor. Has reversible rollers in the back floor. Original curtains and headliner. Seat was redone. Has been driven to Canada, New York , Pittsburgh and Massachusetts. Has two spots on the frame that are bad. One behind the Left front wheel and the other behind the Right rear wheel. Front floors are bad. Floors are good.from the seat back. Should be restored. Rare and Custom built. Maybe 10-15 left. Has the Beir pins to hold the casket in place and the original funeral home name plates. Came with 15 inch Pontiac Tempest hubcaps and 65 Corvair taillights. This is what Superior Coach used. Custom built from the front fenders back. Needs to go to a good home and get restored.

I have to agree with everyone else about this car. Unless you can do the work yourself, you will be buried in some expensive repairs to make it safe for driving again. You can spend $10.000 on getting all the mechanical repairs that this car might need. One thing for certain it will need the timing chain and gears replaced based on the mileage of 138K, however, I seriously doubt that the car has gone over 100,000 miles.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 189
I have to agree with everyone else about this car. Unless you can do the work yourself, you will be buried in some expensive repairs to make it safe for driving again. You can spend $10.000 on getting all the mechanical repairs that this car might need. One thing for certain it will need the timing chain and gears replaced based on the mileage of 138K, however, I seriously doubt that the car has gone over 100,000 miles.

He used this car as his daily driver for twenty one years. Bill also says the engine needs rebuilding.

I agree that this car currently has little value, if any, because you can spend $20K easily on a restoration. But, it is a rare car that deserves to be saved and most likely will not be saved.

It is obvious that he realizes that it is a very rare and desirable car, however, if he used it as his daily driver for 21 years, knowing that the winter salt laden roads would eventually do irreparable harm to the vehicle, indicates to me a person that sees the car as only disposable transportation, and not something to be babied. He might be a great guy, but he abused this car, and now wants someone else to pay for his 21 years of neglect and abuse! Sorry, I can't be sympathetic to people that knowingly do this to a rare and valuable car. I could forgive the person that grew up in the desert and has no knowledge of what salt can do to a vehicle, but in this case, he had to know living in Pennsylvania for 21 years....

Also, rarity and value have absolutely nothing to do with one another. The Superior Pontiac Consorts, C-B Olds Sevilles, and Henney Packard Jr.s are all rare, but not overly sought after. These coaches, when rough like this one, ususally languish on the market for a very long time. Few, if any, people will invest the money to do a full, major restoration on these cars. This car is not worth $2000, in its present condition.

Also, rarity and value have absolutely nothing to do with one another. The Superior Pontiac Consorts, C-B Olds Sevilles, and Henney Packard Jr.s are all rare, but not overly sought after. These coaches, when rough like this one, ususally languish on the market for a very long time. Few, if any, people will invest the money to do a full, major restoration on these cars. This car is not worth $2000, in its present condition.

I agree with what you say, Kurt. Unfortunately, I do not think he will get even the opening bid, unless someone has to have this car. But, one thing I will say, in spite of their low desirability, these old Pontiacs are some good driving cars and I like the smaller procars, whether Henney Jrs, Consorts, Sevilles, Flxettes, or ACC Amblewagons.

It is obvious that he realizes that it is a very rare and desirable car, however, if he used it as his daily driver for 21 years, knowing that the winter salt laden roads would eventually do irreparable harm to the vehicle, indicates to me a person that sees the car as only disposable transportation, and not something to be babied. He might be a great guy, but he abused this car, and now wants someone else to pay for his 21 years of neglect and abuse! Sorry, I can't be sympathetic to people that knowingly do this to a rare and valuable car. I could forgive the person that grew up in the desert and has no knowledge of what salt can do to a vehicle, but in this case, he had to know living in Pennsylvania for 21 years....

Right, or wrong, for better, or worse, this was Bill's car to do with as he saw fit. Unfortunately, that use and abuse will cost him plenty of money, now.

It was a total wasted effort for him to try to sell this car with the rear end torn apart. Why would you not just wait until it is back together? No one is going to want to deal with it in this condition........ other than a scrap yard who would just drag it onto a roll-off.

Back