CL ad Wrecking Yard liquidating, Spokane/Hayden area

Dave Lisiecki

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
Hayden, ID wrecking yard liquidation (North of Coeur d'Alene, ID)
No, it doesn't make sense what the rush is to sell off all the parts just because the yard next door is purchasing the lot (there are a few lots right next to each other). Nor does it make sense to do this with such limited time when there's a foot of snow on the ground. Nevertheless, if anyone is in the area and can go in person...
Much is gone, and not much time left. But yard's website had an extensive inventory, for example: Cars listed may no longer be there, or what's left may not be much.

Youtube vid showing example of what is there.

Moderators please delete as/when warranted.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Dave, very cool. It breaks your heart to think that all of those cars will soon be history, doesn't it? There are a few very interesting cars in there, I love the 57, or 58 pink Imperial, for openers.

Bill, unfortunately the only time I tried to go there was a weekend, and they aren't open weekends. But friends of mine have been there. There are a couple other yards next to it, one called Pegasus. Classic used to offer to bring parts to a Western Washington Swap meet. On a different message board a member from Spokane reported, "Some of these cars are fairly complete and decent. Most are picked over, and a few are heavily chopped up for sheetmetal panels...There is 10" of snow on the ground and it is tough to really see what you are looking at." I posted on the off chance that there was someone local member who hadn't heard they were closing; I just heard myself. (BTW I was not TOO far from you last year on a neat business trip to Manhattan, then to Easton and near the Concrete Mile. I love that area.)

Bill, unfortunately the only time I tried to go there was a weekend, and they aren't open weekends. But friends of mine have been there. There are a couple other yards next to it, one called Pegasus. Classic used to offer to bring parts to a Western Washington Swap meet. On a different message board a member from Spokane reported, "Some of these cars are fairly complete and decent. Most are picked over, and a few are heavily chopped up for sheetmetal panels...There is 10" of snow on the ground and it is tough to really see what you are looking at." I posted on the off chance that there was someone local member who hadn't heard they were closing; I just heard myself. (BTW I was not TOO far from you last year on a neat business trip to Manhattan, then to Easton and near the Concrete Mile. I love that area.)

Well Dave, you should have called me and we could have had a cup of coffee. When you went to Easton, you probably took Rte 80 and I live five minutes from Rte 80. Oh well, maybe next time. I enjoy meeting members, especially those I have not had the pleasure of meeting.

Don't shed too many tears for the old cars you see they are not "classics" they are junk they were junked. I have had an auto salvage (junk) yard since the Navy turned me loose in 1962 the number of todays Classic (collector) cars I have scrapped and crushed later when that came to be would make you cry. But when we sent them to the furnace they were JUNK just as these are. They are just now old junk perhaps a couple could be restored but why when better examples to restore can be found elsewhere. That said I want to share with you what a friend and fellow junk man said about 25 years ago to an aghast old car collector. My friend had a 57 Chevrolet Bel Air convertible rolled on its side it was rotten not nice, he was cutting the frame out from under it for #2 scrap. The senerio Car collector "My god you are cutting up a rare car its collectable". My friend "Yeah I know I am the one who makes them rare and the Iron Yard collects them". The scenes you see here on U tube are repeated over and over and its just the years of the cars that change not the scene. Good hunting.

Don't shed too many tears for the old cars you see they are not "classics" they are junk they were junked. I have had an auto salvage (junk) yard since the Navy turned me loose in 1962 the number of todays Classic (collector) cars I have scrapped and crushed later when that came to be would make you cry. But when we sent them to the furnace they were JUNK just as these are. They are just now old junk perhaps a couple could be restored but why when better examples to restore can be found elsewhere. That said I want to share with you what a friend and fellow junk man said about 25 years ago to an aghast old car collector. My friend had a 57 Chevrolet Bel Air convertible rolled on its side it was rotten not nice, he was cutting the frame out from under it for #2 scrap. The senerio Car collector "My god you are cutting up a rare car its collectable". My friend "Yeah I know I am the one who makes them rare and the Iron Yard collects them". The scenes you see here on U tube are repeated over and over and its just the years of the cars that change not the scene. Good hunting.

Pete, I hear you loud and clear. My problem is that I am a sentimental fool and I just feel bad to see some of these cars crushed. However, there are plenty of nice collectible cars that aren't being bought and some of them are good buys. Just watch a few of the auctions, it is really shocking.

Yes, I can't disagree either. The one car there that I could use parts from was picked clean long ago. When I looked at their website list years ago, they had some limo's. I also hated to hear of ALL the cars from Freman's huge yard in Montana suddenly disappear, but that's the way it goes eventually. Similarly, people gripe about a lot of old Chryslers being bought and shipped to collectors in Sweden and Finland, but a lot of these are cars (or shells) no one spoke up about until they were gone. Oh well, I thought maybe if someone was in the area it might be the opportunity to pick up a trinket or two.

Back