1974 S & S production numbers

I know this will be any easy one for somebody but what were the production numbers for S & S coach makers in 1974. I have the Superior book so I have those numbers.

Also, has the 1974 professional cars ever been the topic of The Professional Car. Just trying to learn as much as I can about my Victoria.

Jeff

S&S numbers have been lost to us. but the web site coach builder.com had a lot of information the S&S company. your 74 was build by superior if I remember right. as S&S has stopped production by then and was farming them out. but it would not be added to superiors numbers as it was done under contract.

Thank you for the information. Berry Funeral Home took delivery in April/May 1974 so I assume that the merger took place before then. My Victoria does have the Custom Built by Hess and Eisenhardt plaque at the rear door. I have read where they sold in 1974 and was curious if my Victoria was before or after the merger.

Again thanks for posting.

Hess & Eisenhardt didn't sell its S&S Coach Division to Superior Coaches until late in 1981. Your `74 would most definitely have been built by H&E at the Rossmoyne (Cincinnati) plant on Blue Ash Road. - Walt McCall

Back