Tools to keep onboard

I already keep a small toolkit in my hearse but I'd like to hear from you all on to what extent of tools you keep on hand when you go out for a drive. My current set is just a simple set with maybe a dozen or more sockets, 4 little wrenches, allen/hex sets, screw drivers/bits and your standard variations of plyers and wrenches (needle nose, channel locks, adjustable wrench)

Do some of you carry less/more, and what do you recommend always keeping onhand. In my combo the open space that the jump seats fold into has become my "tool cubby" so they dont slide around. Are there any particular spare parts you recommend keeping onhand for on the spot repairs?

I figured this could be a good discussion

They sell a jump kit that fits in a plastic case. About all one is going to do is change a fan belt or hose on the road so not any need in a lot of tools. The plastic case keeps them togather and lets you know at a glance what you left on the ground. They work good as a junk yard box to..

They sell a jump kit that fits in a plastic case. About all one is going to do is change a fan belt or hose on the road so not any need in a lot of tools. The plastic case keeps them togather and lets you know at a glance what you left on the ground. They work good as a junk yard box to..

Speaking of junk yard tool boxes................. It took me a few years to wise up, but NEVER take a grey tool box into a junk yard! I have this tendancy to lose track of my tool box when in junk yards. Stumbled onto the pefect YELLOW plastic tool box in a thrift store. Cuts down on those junk yard panic attacks!

Back