hearse 1st on scene

20 years ago I use to drive my '68 MM Hearse to work.

I always parked it on the south side of the building were the sales offices were and the shop entrance to the plant.

It was a automotive machining company that was a re-manufacturer for Ford.
I was Bill of Material and Catalog manager at the time.

The Sales manager ask me to start parking on the North side of the building because he was afraid of the car. A few of the guys in the shop were afraid of the car too.

I parked on the North side because of the guys in the shop.

The girls in the office use to go out for lunch with me in the hearse.

I also use to get notes on my car when I would go visit friends. Notes that said please don't park your car in front of my house sort of thing.

I understand both sides of the situation and usually didn't get into a confrontation but nothing stopped me from driving my hearse where I wanted to go.

I truly understand that a death of a loved one is devastating and brings up strong emotions in people and that a hearse is something that reminds people of a difficult time in there lives.

I don't see hearses the same as others as none of my 3 family members needed a hearse as they were cremated.

I see hearses as a incredible automobile with unique features most other cars do not have.

Anyway, I will never be without a hearse for the rest of my time here on planet earth.

I will be cremated at some point too but I guess I better make a note and request a final ride in the back of my hearse before I come to rest.

:thumbsup:
Darren

P.S. Tom, I didn't see a hearse or fire until I looked a few times too !!!

Funny one to Darrens,we had a chinese restaraunt in town where we occasionally went for lunch,the owner would see us,rush our order to us and tell us to go eat at home,no park front of restaraunt he would say,oh well some peoples fears,.

20 years ago I use to drive my '68 MM Hearse to work.

I always parked it on the south side of the building were the sales offices were and the shop entrance to the plant.

It was a automotive machining company that was a re-manufacturer for Ford.
I was Bill of Material and Catalog manager at the time.

The Sales manager ask me to start parking on the North side of the building because he was afraid of the car. A few of the guys in the shop were afraid of the car too.

I parked on the North side because of the guys in the shop.

The girls in the office use to go out for lunch with me in the hearse.

I also use to get notes on my car when I would go visit friends. Notes that said please don't park your car in front of my house sort of thing.

I understand both sides of the situation and usually didn't get into a confrontation but nothing stopped me from driving my hearse where I wanted to go.

I truly understand that a death of a loved one is devastating and brings up strong emotions in people and that a hearse is something that reminds people of a difficult time in there lives.

I don't see hearses the same as others as none of my 3 family members needed a hearse as they were cremated.

I see hearses as a incredible automobile with unique features most other cars do not have.

Anyway, I will never be without a hearse for the rest of my time here on planet earth.

I will be cremated at some point too but I guess I better make a note and request a final ride in the back of my hearse before I come to rest.

:thumbsup:
Darren

P.S. Tom, I didn't see a hearse or fire until I looked a few times too !!!

For 15 years in Lubbock I worked at a small paint-and-hardware store. I started working there in 1975. In 1972 I took over our small standby ambulance service after the old C.B. REACT club that had started the service had failed. Once the service had become mine I ceased having a personal car and drove one of the ambulances wherever I went. I got some flack from a couple of my supervisors, but the owner had no problem. In 1980 we acquired our first-and-only hightop Cadillac ambulance, a '72 Superior. I drove it to work as well. We were right next door to a large local meat market, and my parking space put me right under their sign. One day a guy stopped by the store inquiring as to owned the big red Cadillac ambulance outside. I said it was mine, and he asked permission to take a picture of it, and I said o.k. Next thing I know a few months later, that picture showed up on the old TV show "Real People".

Back