Packard procar pics

Atti, Thanks for posting that great shot of the "City of Winchester PD operated ambulance dated 1940". That is another Miller-Packard and appears to be a 1937 model. The photo may well have been taken in 1940 but the car itself is a few years older. With those rear quarter window draperies, it looks to be more of a combination car than a straight ambulance. You gotta love that two-tone paint sheme. Fascinating photo. Thanks again.

Here's kind of a neat photo. '51 Henney Packard Senior ambulance from City & County of Honolulu, Hawaii (before it became a state). I like the unusual "AMBULANCE" sign above the windshield, and the lengthy nameplate in the window. It also has unusual marker lights on the front fender and a huge hood ornament.

(Photo originally posted by Jim Ireland on Facebook)

Attachments

• 51HenneyPackardCityCountyHonoluluHI.jpg
    51HenneyPackardCityCountyHonoluluHI.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 524
Don't know if this has been posted before. The photo was given to me by a co-worker, not sure where he got it.

It's a '54 Henney Junior from York Township, Ontario.

Attachments

• 54HPJrYorkTwpONs.jpg
    54HPJrYorkTwpONs.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 442
kennedy

scrolling through and came upon the 63 kennedy Pontiac. letters stating was disposed of in 80. the plot thickens as disposed of has many meanings. check it out if you haven't already. you have to go through a lot of pics to get to it but worth the trip.

scrolling through and came upon the 63 kennedy Pontiac. letters stating was disposed of in 80. the plot thickens as disposed of has many meanings. check it out if you haven't already. you have to go through a lot of pics to get to it but worth the trip.

Not to continue threadjack Kyle but more than likely taken off this very site, where the ambulance was covered ad nauseum before you joined. Steve Lichtman provided the documentation.

http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4201

Steve

That photo was taken a few minute walk from my house the year my mom bought our house from her brother !
Feb 15th 1958

What a small world !

Better image attached,
Darren

Attachments

• york township fire hall 1.jpg
    york township fire hall 1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Outstanding !!!!!!!!!

Just found another fantastic photo showing the fire truck, the 1955 Henney Jr. and a 1955 Chev !!!

This photo was taken on Feb. 15th 1958 !

Love this photo,
Darren

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• york township fire hall with vehicals.jpg
    york township fire hall with vehicals.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 562
Here's a new photo I just got from a fire department friend.

It's a '53 Henney Packard Junior stationed at the Naval Ordinance Lab, White Oak, MD. This facility was not far from where I grew up, and had it's own fire department and ambulance for many years.

Attachments

• 53HenneyPackardJrNSWCWhiteOakMD.jpg
    53HenneyPackardJrNSWCWhiteOakMD.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 656
Back