time warp teaser

Nobody scours harder nor travels farther turning up forgotten coaches. Coast to coast; tip to tip - Washington 3 months ago and now Maine. Nothing had changed in this ex-ambulance service's garage since business closed early in '84...

Continue following my detailed procar exploits elsewhere. :)

1515035_10152100376188221_2071391203_n.jpg

Nobody scours harder nor travels farther turning up forgotten coaches. Coast to coast; tip to tip - Washington 3 months ago and now Maine. Nothing had changed in this ex-ambulance service's garage since business closed early in '84...

Continue following my detailed procar exploits elsewhere. :)

1515035_10152100376188221_2071391203_n.jpg

Is this in Kittery Maine?

Re: Time warp teaser

The one on the left is a '75/6 M-M Lifeliner but I can't see the one on the right too well is it a high top?

I want that lime yellow Hightop and I wouldn't change the color !

Mike,
Which one??? More to come out. ;)

So... am I the only one that refers to this color as "Chartreuse"? I always thought that "Chartreuse" was the commonly accepted name for this color on fire trucks and ambulances. There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for this color within the club. I, personally, like it as much or more than "Omaha Orange" on '71 and newer ambulances.

.. am I the only one that refers to this color as "Chartreuse"? I always thought that "Chartreuse" was the commonly accepted name for this color on fire trucks and ambulances. There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for this color within the club. I, personally, like it as much or more than "Omaha Orange" on '71 and newer ambulances.
Kurt and Darryl... "chartreuse" is the color of a pair of '70s woman's shoes. This color is correctly referred to as "Fire Department Safety Lime Yellow". They are different. Henceforth, there will be no further reference to the color of ambulances or fire apparatus as "chartreuse". OK? Thank you. ;)

Don't call my Lime Yellow winter coat or highway vest "chartreuse" either. :cool:

I hope Darryl doesn't mind, I took this still from a video posted on Facebook of one of the cars he is hauling. It is running under it's own power in the video.

Attachments

• 75MMCadLIfeEarle.jpg
    75MMCadLIfeEarle.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 474
From Wikipedia

If you google the color Chartreuse, this is what you find on Wikipedia:

"Chartreuse Yellow is the color used on many fire-fighting vehicles (as a higher-visibility alternative to the traditional red)."

You really should have a pair of shoes to match that coat and vest Steve!!

There's obviously a site out there that has more photos of this recovery operation. Again, I've been unable to find it. If nobody wants to publicly post the link, a p.m. would be appreciated. Thanks.

There's obviously a site out there that has more photos of this recovery operation. Again, I've been unable to find it. If nobody wants to publicly post the link, a p.m. would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would gladly oblige you Kerry however, per the terms of service we cannot do this. I like my "privilege" of being allowed on this site and will not violate it's terms :thumbsup:

T. O. S. Section

IMPROPER REDIRECTING

Defined as posting comments or links, whose purpose is to drive traffic to another professional car website without specific permission of the Website Administration Committee of the Friends of the Professional Car Society is prohibited.

Lastly, I wish people would not share pictures or "stills" from my Facebook. Just so it is known, I bought all 4 coaches. I am not just simply hauling them. I was waiting to put pictures up here once they were home and a little cleaner.

Back