1973 Cadillac 75 Limo Division window Ill.

It's a small detail but I really like the headlight design of the 73 with that huge turn signal/running light positioned between each headlight. Fine car.

nice car

NICE CARS EITHER WAY,MIKE,JOHN CAN YOU PUT PICS,SIDE BY SIDE OF A 73 AND 72,I HAVE A 72 IN MY PICS,I LIKE BOTH FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DONT KNOW BOTH,THERE IS A NICE DIFFERENCE THANKS BRIAN:):):):D:eek:

72/73

For me 72 Black Yes 73 Blue No.:) Gold one is a 71

Attachments

• DSC05363.jpg
    DSC05363.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC02387.jpg
    DSC02387.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 144
  • 9bca_3.jpg
    9bca_3.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
to each there own but the 71 72 nose to me was the peak of the big caddies.
that 73 still looks like some one kicked it in the bumper and it swelled up. now if we could just put the 73 nose on the 72 body one could have something. but they had to change to much to it to have the crash proof bumper. I hated that 73 S&S seat to. it was just shaped wrong for my anatomy.

Here's a nice '73 headlight shot of a newly listed hearse. I don't think I've seen a more pristine bumper impact strip on a '73.

I know the guy that sold this to the current owner .I would not buy a used hease from this guy.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC08674.jpg
    DSC08674.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 118
Here's a nice '73 headlight shot of a newly listed hearse. I don't think I've seen a more pristine bumper impact strip on a '73.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Ot...cdbc915a5&item=261385426341&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

They also reproduce these Cadillac Bumper Impact Strips in full sets for 1971-1976 Cadillac bumpers correct style for the appropriate years. Both front and rear available. Company is Rubber the Right way- 866-789-7879. rubbertherightway.com Very good quality and correct appearance.

that set on the 73 pictures are not he correct one for the car. 73 was the only year they had scroll work cast in he white stripe.

Here's pics of the the 73 hearse impact strip we're discussing and my 73 bumper. While I'm no expert, they look the same to me. Regardless, most of the components on the hearse look to be in very good shape.

Attachments

• ebaypic1_zps00ee79e8.jpg
    ebaypic1_zps00ee79e8.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 86
  • 098.jpg
    098.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 87
two pictures look at the bumper guard. it's hard to see in a pictures I never took any of my 73. but it still had them. the 73 was the only year they used it and none of the replacements had it.

two pictures look at the bumper guard. it's hard to see in a pictures I never took any of my 73. but it still had them. the 73 was the only year they used it and none of the replacements had it.

They are the same, the "scrool work" I think you are referring to is heat damage. They should be smooth white, most all 72 and 73 Cadillacs had this happen. This is why we are saying that they are in such perfect condition. I own both a 72 Cad and a 73 Cad and have this.

Must have been a s&s thing my 73 had what looked like knots top and bottom of the guards and the ends of the horizontal strip. I never took a picture of it close up. But they would do that kind of stuff.

Here is a pic if my 1973 Superior Cadillac Coupe De Fleur, note the difference in the umper guard impact strip condition. One on left is good, and one on right has the common damage as you refer to.

Attachments

• 73 Cadillac front.jpg
    73 Cadillac front.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 50
Back