1953 Henney Packard Jr. Ambulance

If you've wanted to own a Henney Junior ambulance really badly for not a lot of money, here's your chance to own a really bad one for not a lot of money.

Link Here.

s-l1600.jpg

Buying it inexpensively isn't the difficult part. Finding the money to properly restore it, will be the expensive part.

BIG Problem here is the three pieces of glass all Henney only and not generally used in hearses on the side glass. Rear door the same 1951 to1954 as are the curved side glass but most hearses had flat glass side windows. You can buy running driving 51 to 54 200s/Clippers for $1500.00 to $3500.00 that would supply body parts and running gear. Anyone know where a parts unit is for the glass??

BIG Problem here is the three pieces of glass all Henney only and not generally used in hearses on the side glass. Rear door the same 1951 to1954 as are the curved side glass but most hearses had flat glass side windows. You can buy running driving 51 to 54 200s/Clippers for $1500.00 to $3500.00 that would supply body parts and running gear. Anyone know where a parts unit is for the glass??

I gave up our curved glass sections from our Junior "Donor Car" for Steve L's Junior restoration a few years ago. MM

I think this one is destined to a life as "lawn art"! I don't see anyone doing anything positive with this one.

You could easily throw $50,000+ at this Henney Jr. and end up with a car worth $25,000........ if well done. The SWB professional cars will never be worth what the LWB cars are worth. I have seen LWB Henney Packard ambulances of the same vintage, with tunnel lights and all glass intact(project cars), get passed up with no bidders with a similar asking price to what this seller is looking to achieve. I am simply being realistic. Taking on a project like this one would be a very good way to sour someone on the hobby quickly. If someone has their heart set on owning a Henney Jr., there are far better examples out there that are far more deserving of a restoration.

Back