74 Miller Meteor Ambulance

You can't blame the guy for trying its the bigger fool theory. As a used car dealer said to me when I started in the used car business 55 years ago "You can always come down but never go up". Its at $1236.00 now with over five days to go so its going to do better than $1500.00 I doubt 5k however. Time will tell.

Dr. Studer needs to finish one of his projects, not get more... :rolleyes:

The real question "is Dr. Studer going to run out of money, or run out of time before he completes the collection of all the ambulances that he has on his wish list."............ or "is his wife going to curtail his ambulance buying habit?"

I only wish that I had started collecting ambulances instead of Corvairs. When I started collecting Corvairs, there were a lot of unusual ambulances available very reasonably.

.......... and the seller has conveniently deleted the ugly photo of the rotted out roof!

He is wrong about the first photo. It was not taken in the 1970s. It was taken in the early/mid 1990s!

but wait, who needs a photo when any body man can fix that flat panel with ease. of course that is after he removes the headliner the sound deadener and any padding between the cross supports and the roof you are going to weld across. then of course add the price of a new headliner as the original one is weathered and brittle.

but running and drivable helps a lot makes you want to spend the money to get it and fix it. knowing the lights and siren work is a plus also. the good shots of the interior show you only in need of clean up there. that helps. might need new flooring though.

but other then the top box missing it looks to be all there one more plus. if he has located the curved tempered glass another good deal.

I would say if you could get the car under 5 it would be OK Keven's with the body work done would be a better buy.

but wait, who needs a photo when any body man can fix that flat panel with ease. of course that is after he removes the headliner the sound deadener and any padding between the cross supports and the roof you are going to weld across. then of course add the price of a new headliner as the original one is weathered and brittle.

but running and drivable helps a lot makes you want to spend the money to get it and fix it. knowing the lights and siren work is a plus also. the good shots of the interior show you only in need of clean up there. that helps. might need new flooring though.

but other then the top box missing it looks to be all there one more plus. if he has located the curved tempered glass another good deal.

I would say if you could get the car under 5 it would be OK Keven's with the body work done would be a better buy.

Ed,
You don't have to worry about taking that all down........ it all fell down years ago!

He does still have the roof box. He had a photo of it inside the car in his previous listing.

it runs a little over a grand to get a headliner made up. but if he has the box there are a few inventive things you may be able to do. they rust out were the seal sits agents the body. the natural curve lets everything slide to the outer edge and the seal traps it there. this car sat a long time with the nose down and a slight left lean. that roof is 18 gage. I have seen them badly pitted but this is only the second one I have seen thru.

all which would have been avoided if they had just left the seal off and allowed the backboard box to stand on the pegs

to much missing to get top dollar for it. the trim is the hardest part tp find and pay for. that set of crosses in someones garage will be a shocker to replace.

Back