snowy vintage ID

For fun. Coach may not be difficult but size of image and snow should slow most. ;)

Winter of '62-'63 in Aspen. Charlie Paterson (a Frank Lloyd Wright apprentice/trained architect) designed/owned The Boomerang. Hearse was used as a lodge limo.

6929679960_646d13c61c_c.jpg

7075755735_af6a851ee2_c.jpg

Taillights have reverse lens and are narrow, so '51-'53. Landau shape negates Eureka or S&S. Keith, Adam, Walt et al may take it from here.

For fun. Coach may not be difficult but size of image and snow should slow most. ;)

Winter of '62-'63 in Aspen. Charlie Paterson (a Frank Lloyd Wright apprentice/trained architect) designed/owned The Boomerang. Hearse was used as a lodge limo.

6929679960_646d13c61c_c.jpg

7075755735_af6a851ee2_c.jpg

Taillights have reverse lens and are narrow, so '51-'53. Landau shape negates Eureka or S&S. Keith, Adam, Walt et al may take it from here.

Its a tough one with the snow, but the rear window looks to small to be that era Eureka (or Superior) so Im going with S&S. It looks like they may have put a luggage rack on top, somethings up there anyway.
Cool pic Atti, that station wagon looks really small next to the coach!

These are great pics, as in the mid '70's I used to play with the Aspen Festival Orchestra, totaling 9 months over 3 summers living in Aspen. I used to make fun of John Denver until I actually lived there. I definitely remember the Boomerang. The hearse in the photo is not Eureka. The extremely rectangular rear side windows suggest Miller to me. Just a guess.

Attachments

• Welcher_Hoczyk_Sharrow.jpg
    Welcher_Hoczyk_Sharrow.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 636
Its a tough one with the snow, but the rear window looks to small to be that era Eureka (or Superior) so Im going with S&S. It looks like they may have put a luggage rack on top, somethings up there anyway.
Cool pic Atti, that station wagon looks really small next to the coach!

Can I take my S&S ID back? After seeing Toms post I think he may be right. I got out the Bible and noticed S&S landaus do not have squared off number two doors, and Miller does look right. I have looked for a rear quarter shot of the Miller so I can see the rear window, but no luck, not even in the Miller-Meteor book.

As mentioned in original post John, the landau irons themselves are not the shape/contour of either Eureka or S&S. Enlarging before initially sharing showed both that and taillight detail mentioned. May not have exact answer but knowing what it is not helps. ;)

Tom's Miller suggestion should prove the right track.

As mentioned in original post John, the landau irons themselves are not the shape/contour of either Eureka or S&S. Enlarging before initially sharing showed both that and taillight detail mentioned. May not have exact answer but knowing what it is not helps. ;)

Tom's Miller suggestion should prove the right track.

My bad, I read your original post wrong. I also did not enlarge the pic (to lazy today I guess) but is it just me or is it gold?
Come on Mr. Loftin we all know you have taken a pic of this car somewhere. :yankchain:

Was forwarded larger images and relayed that they were taken by a Boomerang employee. One of his job requirements was driving guests around in hearse/limo. Can see lack of exhaust cut outs/'51 more easily now. Way to go Martyn. :thumbsup:

1011094_10151675818163221_322842750_n.jpg

Back