Rust Repair

if you want a good job take the car apart before you get it repaired. if you have the car striped the interior out so that they can get access to both sides of the panel they will do you a good job. the 72 came out of Illinois threw Missouri to Iowa it was nasty but solid underneath and they had to get aggressive with the sand blaster cut threw a place in the gas tank. I can't say what the rust repair on the panels look like I have a few pictures and haven't seen the car yet.

with the 63 I can see were the trouble with the car all together was. the repaired were ready for the Maaco paint job but to have gotten some of those places fixed they would have had to take the car apart. to there credit they did not wad the under coating in the holes and call it good but just kind of pretended it wasn't there.

so I would say the shop is capable of a high end repair. but they are not a R&R shop. you get the car apart the bumpers off and trim removed your self or at a different shop and they will do you a good job on the rust repair. but they only do rust repair. not understand this was the complication we got into.

With my car they just didn't take too many things apart. It made more work for Ed. Ed's car looks good from my point of view, but I could be wrong. They certainly provide a good service, but there are two guys running the shop, and when they give you an estimate, sometimes these two guys don't communicate. Enough said.

the 72 has been repaired and in primer for over a year now it it's not commig back it had to be a good repair.

With my car they just didn't take too many things apart. It made more work for Ed. Ed's car looks good from my point of view, but I could be wrong. They certainly provide a good service, but there are two guys running the shop, and when they give you an estimate, sometimes these two guys don't communicate. Enough said.

They are like a husband and wife team.. neither listens to the other, and when they do, what one hears, isn't what the other had said. I had the same problem when I left my car for a repair. After a week, someone called and asked what had to be done. I explained that I had given specific instructions as to what I wanted repaired, and then I followed it up the following day with a personal visit, and a detailed paper trail so there was no questions. The repair was done as I had wanted, and the price was more than was originally quoted. Overall, I am satisfied with the work, and 4 years later, it is not showing any problems. Just be perfectly clear as to what you want, and then do some personal visits to make sure that what is being done, is what you have asked to have done.

Just be perfectly clear as to what you want, and then do some personal visits to make sure that what is being done, is what you have asked to have done.

I would suggest sitting down with the repair facility and getting a detailed written estimate for the repairs that you want done on your vehicle. Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but I would suggest being as specific as possible when it comes to parts (new vesus used), paint (brands/colors), time schedule (how long will it take/when will it be ready for pickup), warranty, etc.. The more questions you ask and put down in writing, the less surprises there will be. When I had the body work and painting done on our '72 I had got a not so detailed estimate. While the work progressed it was obvious what I wanted and what the body guy wanted were not the same. I was pleased overall with the work but I think because of the uniqueness of the car the body guy was doing what he wanted and not what I requested. In the end, after negotiating and meeting half way, I spent more than I had originally planned for. Vist your car often and take pictures of the progress. If you have additional work done either by your choice or the repair facility's, make sure to get written change orders (including cost). Get as much in writing as you can and once agreed upon, both you and your repair facility should sign it showing that you both understand the work to be done and potential costs involved.:my2cents:

some worth listing to advice. but of course it will all hinge on you being able to be there to drop in. this being said but he man working on 3 cars that the closes owner is 900 miles away.

the personal problem I had with this shop was all ready stated. we got the estimate things sounded higher to me then I want to spend on things I could do my self. but there were things I could not do. so we made a deal in the front office on how much money to spend and in what order to do it. the boys in back brought the car in a did it all. the front office was clear the information never got to the back so I spend more money there then I wished to. had I been there it would not have happened. but when you doing long distance things and talking over the phone you take you chances. now when I get the car back all I'll have to do is block the spots and paint the lower half. which is want I really wanted.

This shop doesn't do paint, dent removal, nor do they do any prep work. The only do rust repair. When you get the car back it will be up to you to find a shop to complete the work. The best way to describe it, is that you get new metal installed, and anything over and above that is not done. The repair panel welds are ground, and a quick covering of primer is installed, but that is it. It is far from finished. They do the work that most body shops don't want to deal with, nor does the average body shop have the experience to do work of the level that this shop specializes in. Take a look at the gallery pictures on their website, and you will get a better idea of the type of work that they do.

Back