Shipping help needed.

Josh Gentry

PCS Member
I am needing a Pro-Car shipped from Akron Ohio, to Franklin Kentucky. The car runs, but has no breaks. The guy I was hoping to use to do this, doesn't want to go to Akron, and I'm trying to avoid a big shipping company because of it not being drivable, its going to caust more, and from what I understand, it is in a residential area, and not much room to get in with a large truck and trailer. If anyone knows of anyone that might be willing to help me out, plese send me a PM. I would like to get it moved before it starts snowing a bunch up there. Thanks in advance for any help.

Josh

Drop PCS member Nicolas Yassan a PM. He uses a small Chicago based shipper that is quite reasonable for open transport and is accustomed to retrieving his oversize inop vehicles.

Another reasonable option given location is the transport guy Carl uses @ CW, based out of greater Cincinnati area. He recently hauled the inop '57 Superior Landaulet 3-way from NC to OH for new owner.

hauling an inop procar

Josh,
I used Sancrest to bring my 61 back home from Georgia. Of the companies I contacted they were the most reasonable. The 61 was bought home on an
open trailer. No problems with the company or the driver or the equipment.
I would not hesitate to call them again if I needed that type of service. For the money I spent I could have went and got the MM home myself. But letting
Sancrest bring it saved me 24 hours on the road and a nights stay in a motel.
What are you getting from the Akron area?
Mike

Have the brakes fixed, and then drive it home. The brakes need to be fixed anyway, so it will be money well spent.

Another reasonable option given location is the transport guy Carl uses @ CW, based out of greater Cincinnati area. He recently hauled the inop '57 Superior Landaulet 3-way from NC to OH for new owner.
That is the guy I was hoping to use, but I talked to Carl yesterday, and he said he probly won't do it cause he doesn't like to go to Akron for some reason. Carl said he lives on the Kentucky Virginia line. He was supose to call me back yesterday afternoon or today and give me his number, sence when I called him yesterday he was at a auction. Guess I'll have to call him back tomorrow and call the guy and see if I can talk him in to going. Carl was teezing me about buying a car from Akron. He said its probly in about 5 pieces. lol

I also got the contact info from Nicholas by the way. Thanks for that info.

Josh

Last edited:
Josh,
I used Sancrest to bring my 61 back home from Georgia. Of the companies I contacted they were the most reasonable. The 61 was bought home on an
open trailer. No problems with the company or the driver or the equipment.
I would not hesitate to call them again if I needed that type of service. For the money I spent I could have went and got the MM home myself. But letting
Sancrest bring it saved me 24 hours on the road and a nights stay in a motel.
What are you getting from the Akron area?
Mike
I used Sancrest to ship the 76 M-M that I bought from Ron, and was very happy with there service. I am trying to ship the 71 Superior Sovereign Combo that I bought from a guy that I met that stopped by to see our cars in hudson. Its going to be a parts car, so the breaks won't be getting fixed.

I may also try talking to the company that the lady that bought the 76 M-M used to ship it to TX, as they seem to be a smaller company, and are located in KY.

Landaus and skirts are laying in the back.

Josh

Attachments

• 71Parts.jpg
    71Parts.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 238
  • 71parts2.jpg
    71parts2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Wow, that plate hasn't been used in about 15 years...I guess it hasn't been off the road for too long. I have a guy in southeast Michigan I can contact for you to see if he'll do it.

Have the brakes fixed, and then drive it home. The brakes need to be fixed anyway, so it will be money well spent.

I do not recommend this approach at all. I have bought three out of state cars with brake issues, and all three times I had that same thought of fixing them locally and driving it home. And all three times I ended up being VERY glad that I elected to have the car shipped once it arrived.

Why? The reason is very simple. You are buying a car with known issues. You know the brakes are bad. But what else is bad that you DON'T know about??

Another bad thing about driving it is, up until a couple months ago, the car hadn't ran in a few years. The guys brother put a set of points in it, and it fired up. I'm not even sure how good it actually runs. Being that I bought it for a parts car, drivability wasn't a big issue. He did say that when he stopped driving it, there was nothing wrong with it, but ya never know.

Josh

In your original post all you said was...
The car runs, but has no breaks.
Had you said that it was a parts car, had given more information, or posted the picture of the car, I would have not made the suggestion that you fix the brakes.

Thats ok Paul, that was my fault, I was in a hurry when I wrote that first post, and wasn't very clear about it. I always appreciate and respect your advice and knowledge. Thank you for your advice. I know you were trying to be helpful, and it is very much appreciated.

Josh

You know that is about 30 minutes from my house. Didn't I tell you no more Ohio cars for you? :yankchain:

You know that is about 30 minutes from my house. Didn't I tell you no more Ohio cars for you? :yankchain:
This is the third pro-car I've bought in Ohio. I'm just trying to bring them down south and preserve them so they don't rust so fast. One of them I had to take the extra step and send it all the way down to a Funeral Home garage in TX to make sure it didn't rust. Me and Danny won't stop until we get them all safe from the salt:hide::bitterCold:

Josh

Last edited:
no brakes on a sitting car is worth the price on the attempt. dump some fluid in the master and see. half the time it's dripped out sitting. it would have done the same driving it but the man would have added some. yes it's not supposed to yes there is something wrong. but then there is something wrong with all the cars. if a can of fluid gets you back brakes, then you now have a running - stopping car to ship. if it you want to attempt to drive it some were? just be sure to grab the bottom of the steering wheel firmly and push as hard on the brake with both feet as you can. you'll either blow a seal or lock a brake up or they will work just fine. if the man parked it because of brake issues don't bother. but the price of a can of fluid to get back a running car is not that much. all you need is enough brake to run it off and on and around the yard at home.

what Carl said

Did I read 'landaus and skirts in the back'? Carl was right. It IS in at least 5 pieces. Hope you get your transport problem solved soon. Just make sure the
transport guys know it has no brakes.
Good luck,
Mike

Anyone have Donnie's number? I talked to Carl the other day and he said he would call me back with it, but never did, and now I can't get back in touch with Carl. Tryed calling him on his cell again today, and someone else answered and said he was at another auction. We all know how Carl is, and figured it might be faster to get the number from someone else.lol If anyone has his number, please PM me.

Thanks,
Josh

Back