Looking for Info for a 1957 Caddy Limo I am Selling

The reason I am posting this thread is threefold:

First, I am trying to get as much info as possible about a nice 1957 Caddy Limo I will be posting for sale on eBay tonight (9/30/10). Actually, I met a gentleman at GoodGuys Columbus this summer who had a really cool vintage red ambulance. He gave me his business card and told me he was a moderator on the Professional Car Society forum. He said that he would help get me some info on the car when I was ready to sell it. However, I can’t find his card. I was hoping he might see this post and respond to it.

Second, as members of this society, any info you could provide me about this car would be greatly appreciated.

Three, I thought that some of you might be interested in the car itself, or know someone who might.

The car has been sitting in a warehouse for decades. It is in very nice, original condition. It has a factory divider window. More details will be posted in my eBay ad. My eBay ID is buyitnowpaymelots. The car is part of an estate that included 30 vehicles, mostly classic Cadillac, including 3 Cadillac limousines. More info about the estate auction is available at http://www.houseofmouseracing.com.

Thank you for your consideration.

That was Dwayne Brooks. I had the other ambulance there with him. He works second shift but I'm sure he will answer your post soon. He usually checks this board every night.

Thank you so much. I have been looking for his card but could not find it. He was extremely knowledgeable about how/where these cars are built. The car will probably be posted on eBay by the time he gets home from work.

1Main.jpg

I'm sure someone here can help you, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here. Just post the questions you have and get the ball rolling from there.

Hi Darcy, glad you found your way here! Yes I remember you & the story of the limo you have. With the photo you posted hopefully members here will be able to answer questions you post. I'm not a moderator on this site but am very active here with the PCS gang.

From what I recall Darcy was wanting to know general information about this limo such as... is it a coach-built limo or a factory job? Actually that was her main question to us at the show but she didn't have pictures with her.

Your limo appears to be a 1957 "Series 75" Fleetwood limousine, a factory Cadillac limo & not coach built. If you click this link you'll see a whole page dedicated to 1957 Cadillacs from "The Cadillac database" site. There you'll also find production numbers (with divider glass or without) & original prices.
http://www.car-nection.com/yann/dbas_txt/phocad57.htm

If you have any other questions just ask. Hope this helps.

How Many Of These Cars Still Exist?

I wonder if anyone has any idea how many 1957 Cadillac Limousines still exist.

I also understand that Walt Disney had one and some people have been asking if this is the Walt Disney car. My understanding is that the Disney car traded hands a few times and was last known to be in Michigan. This car was bought by the present owner decades ago in Michigan - so who knows?

Also I was wondering if all of these cars came with the fancy wood paneling in the passenger section like this one has.

Knowing who owned this car in the past, can only be determined by documentation that is either found in the car or is obtained from the motor vehicle departments in the jurisdictions where the car was previously registered. This today is almost an impossible task, since most motor vehicle departments will not give out this information because of the privacy laws.
As to the car itself, I have looked at all the pictures, and to me, there is nothing unusual about this car that wasn't installed on other limos of the time. How many are left is just a guessing game, because there is no accurate way to determine this as an individual. The best that could be done is to start a registry of the cars of that year, and hope that owners will co-operate by giving you the information.

I had hoped that your society might have some sort of registry of vintage professional cars. My husband has a rare car of which 2,124 were made - and they have a registry that shows that about 150 are left. It would be an interesting project - and not too difficult a database to create.

I had hoped that your society might have some sort of registry of vintage professional cars. My husband has a rare car of which 2,124 were made - and they have a registry that shows that about 150 are left. It would be an interesting project - and not too difficult a database to create.

A lot of the coachbuilders or companies that built these cars have gone out of business or changed hands, and records were thrown out or destroyed in the process. This group is one of the best resources for info since many of the members were involved in the production back in the day. They are continually attempting to keep the best known information up to date, and the foremost authors of professional car books which contain such information are all members of the PCS. If you have specific questions the best known answer can usually be found here.

every thing you want to know about that car is available from GM they built it. it is a standard fleet wood factory limo. the Cadillac lasalle club has members that collect them. for us it just one more factory limo. not that it's not a nice car. it's just not a custom built car. but one of how many others they cranked out that year. I would not mind having one, but I'm not willing to pay that much for one. sorry if you expected more, thanks for showing it to us.

Back