Gas Tank & Assembly

Mike Owens

PCS Member
My mechanic is recommending that we replace the gas tank on my 1970 Superior Cadillac Rescuer because of deterioration issues. Would/could the gas gauge sending unit come with that package, including tank straps etc? Where would you recommend I look to?

All the parts that you describe are all extras that are purchased separately from the tank. The old sending unit can be rebuilt to look and function like new. the "J" bolts should be ok, and you can purchase new straps, insulators, etc., or reuse the originals, if they were not damaged during removal. If the tank is in need of a cleaning, it can be boiled out at a radiator shop, and then you can evaluate the overall condition. These parts are not inexpensive. I just priced out a pair of J bolts and straps, and it was about $50 total. The sending unit was $85, and this isn't for a Cadillac!!!

I need a tank

My 72 MM needs a gas tank asap. My mechanic pointed out that we used a 75 Coupe De Ville tank on my 75 MM...so don't be fussy about the commercial chassis. Anyone have a source for tanks?
Thanks

I need a tank

Have a nice one out of a 72 S&S . The shipping might be high because of the size. Shoot me a PM:)

the 72 and the 75 use the same tank. standard caddy tank with the filler neck cut short for the long snake hose to clamp on to.

that would be the correct tank fort the 59 threw 70 pro car. always a wounder as the 58 used the 57 tank. who can figure .

Back