Dome

Doug Kelley

PCS Member / Funeral Director
Hi All,
Looking for a Magenta or Amber dome for my Federal Model 17. It is the smaller size 17. I will not deal with Joe Dorgan.
Thanks

What??? I thought that Mr. Dorgan was well known as a very good restorer and seller of refurbished lights and sirens. The things you learn by reading the forums.

What??? I thought that Mr. Dorgan was well known as a very good restorer and seller of refurbished lights and sirens. The things you learn by reading the forums.

That was John Dorgan, Joe's Father. John passed away a few years ago. I am sure that John has since rolled over in his grave.

That was John Dorgan, Joe's Father. John passed away a few years ago. I am sure that John has since rolled over in his grave.

ALL: It seems that (JOE) Dorgan has burned a lot of bridges (maybe some with him still standing on them) with a lot of PCS Members. Although he is definately not like his Father to deal with ie; (+prompt return phone calls and e-mails) we still buy lights and sirens from him with no issues... not sure what the difference is? Maybe someday either he or Mrs. Dorgan will have an inventory out of business clearance sale? MM

Mike,
I am sure that larger customers such as yourself who have spent many thousands of dollars with John and Joe over the years get considerably better service from Joe these days. My purchase(first purchase from him) was a measly $135 or there about, which I paid for with a check that accompanied my order. Of course that check was deposited immediately. He will only take checks. No credit cards(I now understand why!). He is not a man of his word(I would like to word that differently.... but I won't). I never beat him up on his prices or even questioned his prices and I paid immediately upon placing the order. It took one full year to get what I ordered, and I feel confident that I never would have received my order without getting you and another PCS member involved. I do thank you, again, very much for your part in getting what I ordered.

Mike,
I am sure that larger customers such as yourself who have spent many thousands of dollars with John and Joe over the years get considerably better service from Joe these days. My purchase(first purchase from him) was a measly $135 or there about, which I paid for with a check that accompanied my order. Of course that check was deposited immediately. He will only take checks. No credit cards(I now understand why!). He is not a man of his word(I would like to word that differently.... but I won't). I never beat him up on his prices or even questioned his prices and I paid immediately upon placing the order. It took one full year to get what I ordered, and I feel confident that I never would have received my order without getting you and another PCS member involved. I do thank you, again, very much for your part in getting what I ordered.

Kurt: An interesting footnote about payments and John's old school trust and integrity..... we used to routinely strip out new (vintage) projects of all their lights and sirens and send them to John to be refurbished while we were doing other work on the vehicle. After they were finished, he would carefully package them up and UPS everything back NEVER asking for any money upfront or COD.... only a hand written note with the bill mailed a few days later after the shipment left his place saying is everything is OK, please remit: $________. Do you think that would happen with anyone in 2015? MM

Kurt: An interesting footnote about payments and John's old school trust and integrity..... we used to routinely strip out new (vintage) projects of all their lights and sirens and send them to John to be refurbished while we were doing other work on the vehicle. After they were finished, he would carefully package them up and UPS everything back NEVER asking for any money upfront or COD.... only a hand written note with the bill mailed a few days later after the shipment left his place saying is everything is OK, please remit: . Do you think that would happen with anyone in 2015? MM

MAYBE ??? With someone such as yourself Mike ?? :);)
I think those days that we remember are long gone.....NO ONE seems to trust anyone anymore :cool: ...except maybe a few fellow PCS members here on the board !:rolleyes:

Back