Shelley Coach pic wanted

John Royark JR

PCS Member
Carl has a 1993 Shelley Buick on his website. The pic is not that good, does anyone have a good pic of a Shelley Buick of this era? I do not recall ever seeing one, but from his pic its hard to tell. It almost looks like it would resemble something that Imperial produced, and if I remember correctly they had some tie in with Shelley.
If this can be confirmed or denied please let me know, I would like to get my facts right.

Imperial Coach

Richard Shelley was the President of Imperial Coach. He was our guest speaker at the 1991 PCS International Meet in Marietta, OH. His desire was to provide funeral directors with lower volume funeral homes economically-priced new car alternatives, as opposed to buying a used hearse. Imperial did minivan and wagon conversions and some tail-stretch Ford Explorer units as well.

Richard Shelley was the President of Imperial Coach. He was our guest speaker at the 1991 PCS International Meet in Marietta, OH. His desire was to provide funeral directors with lower volume funeral homes economically-priced new car alternatives, as opposed to buying a used hearse. Imperial did minivan and wagon conversions and some tail-stretch Ford Explorer units as well.

I have some pics of the Explorer hearses, not very classy. So would this car be considered a Shelley, or an Imperial? Would they be just the same company and go by both names? (For example S&S and H&E are the same)

Thinking about this car again. Any chance you have an interior pic? If not do you know if it has a partition, or rust?

Actually didn't even take a look of the interior. Wished I had though. Looking at if from my standpoint I took the photo didn't notice any rust issues. This one was tabbed a Shelley I believe. It had little crowns in the middle of the landau bars.

Back