Classic car insurance

sorry guys I'm staying with state farm. if you can live with there restrictions you can't beat there price. 2 claims with glass and they have payed off well on all of them. I have everything else here insured with them also so it a miltie car thing and long term SD customer . I have worn out 3 agents during my time with them. like Todd said you establish the value you want to insure the car for. they set the restrictions and you follow them. they pay up to the amount you have insured it for - you deductible which is now 200. best 6 bucks a month I have ever spent. your libility is limited to what you have on your other cars.

Rocky turn in a additional damage clame to the inshurence co. standard practice now days if they pay up you can give the man back his money. I have quite doing any kind of coustomer work because of the hassles involved with them.

Have had Hagerty on 2 of my pro cars cars for a year and a half now. Agreed value, and I got to set the mileage limit, and no restrictions on pleasure driving.
Have had all my pro cars insured with Progressive for the last 10 years (went with Hagerty on two because it was alot cheaper for more coverage) and never had any trouble with them. Progressive has a stated value, and had two seperate claims on one coach with no hassle whatsoever. One claim I hit a deer and caused over 8,000 damage on my 85 Superior FWD. They baisically cut the car off at the firewall and started over. They didnt total it out because they would have had to pay me $15,000. The other a tree fell on it causing about $3,500 damage. Both claims were taken care of with no questions asked.

Thought about checking shopping for another insurance co. to see if I can find something cheaper, but afraid they will not treat me as good.

I have a question about all this. I own a funeral home and use my classic hearse when requested. Most insurance companies will NOT cover my classic hearse for commercial use under a classic car policy. Hence, I pay over $1500 a year to cover just one car. Cheapest I found was Progressive. Has any one else checked into this?

that of course would be a problem. most people with a large number of car have a fleet policy. that may be somethig you could look into. a blanket policy that covers your fleet.

Back