Awaiting transport

Clyde Swenson

PCS Member
Hello all!

Just an update. Continue to wait for Sancrest Transport to get a truck over to Jim's to pick of the 67 and get her here to Minnesota. The waiting is about to drive me crazy! Hopefully it will happen soon! I'll post some pictures on here once she is here! I can't wait to take her for a spin! :17875:

Maybe I was lucky?

in 2003 when I bought my hearse, I used one of companies that takes your order and then puts it out on the board for trucking companies to bid on. I placed the order on a Monday, got a call on Wednesday saying a truck would be in Wisconsin that weekend; the seller emailed me Sunday morning saying it was on its way and the car arrived Thursday morning.

I'll be happy to see it leave... I plan on sneaking my car into Jim's garage for the winter......... :burp:

which one?

take your choice... I have 5 and all move under there own power, but only 1 doesn't stop very well........ like not at all, so that one is not going anywhere except into the shop when I have time for new brake lines. My best guess is it will be the 1969, so I can get Jim's brother to install the new plywood floor in the rear. It is also scheduled to go back to the body shop for the rest of the paint work, but you know how body men are.. It is always next week, next month, or as soon as I can make room for it. :badbad:

Ya there like vampires bleed you dry a little at a time. spread it out and they can milk you for a bit. like undertakers just standing by waiting for some thing bad to happen to someone. you old guys on SS don't stand a chance.:2gunsfiring_v1:

take your choice... I have 5 and all move under there own power, but only 1 doesn't stop very well........ like not at all, so that one is not going anywhere except into the shop when I have time for new brake lines. My best guess is it will be the 1969, so I can get Jim's brother to install the new plywood floor in the rear. It is also scheduled to go back to the body shop for the rest of the paint work, but you know how body men are.. It is always next week, next month, or as soon as I can make room for it. :badbad:
Those dang body guys!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH:eek:

Clyde, it's on its way ...

She got loaded on Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 at 4:00 PM in Worcester, MA. The truck is heading south to New Jersey to pick up 3 more vehicles and is then heading north to MN. Guess I have to change my profile picture now .....

Attachments

• Oct. 27, 2010.jpg
    Oct. 27, 2010.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 248
Clyde, I think you got yourself a good one! I had just sold my '67 when this one came available. I actually called Jim to buy it myself, because you see, I love those Superiors! Did you know I was a heartbeat behind you? I wasn't really looking for another ambulance, so it is just as well. Lots of luck with it!

Just got the call! Due to arrive in Paynesville, MN on Sunday morning! And, it sounds like it will be a great day to go out for a Sunday drive! :dancing:

Just got the call! Due to arrive in Paynesville, MN on Sunday morning! And, it sounds like it will be a great day to go out for a Sunday drive! :dancing:

Clyde, I know you have been looking for just the right ambulance for a while. I think Sunday will be a great day for you, no matter what the weather is. Your dream is coming true. I think your "new" Superior will open a new chapter in your life. These cars open doors and bring out lots of admirers and complements. It is a great hobby and you are about to see just how great it really is! Enjoy!!

Arrived this am to a frosty Minnesota. She took the trip well and is everything Jim said she would be. I quite like the interior! Ran the siren a bit and scared the neighborhood dogs! The red paint just shines in the morning sunlight! She purrs and drives nicely!

I just want to thank everyone who helped to make this happen! And a big thank you to all I have been in contact in the past couple years as I have searched for that right one! It was a very big decision to go for this car and now that it is here it has been very much worth all the anxiety! I know it will be very fun to show the car and tell the professional car story and correct all those folks who want to call it a Ghostbusters car!!

A few days of driving her around yet this fall and they she will be off to storage for the winter! I can’t wait for spring!

Now I'll try to figure out how to upload some pictures!

Clyde,

If the morning is as beautiful at your house as it is at ours, this is indeed the perfect day to take delivery of a long-awaited professional car! Glad to hear she arrived safely and is everything you'd hoped she'd be. Looking forward to meeting both of you!

Back