Cool Vintage Auto Accessory

the stretch fuzzy that went around the rear view mirror. no car was complete unless it had chains made from pull tabs back and forth across the clothes rod hooks. suicide spinner knobs. the fancy ones that flipped up.

flippers on your caps and skirts on your car. now that's class. add the spray on blue tint to the glass and you were ridding cool in your cowboy raked rod. glass packs cackling threw your split manifold. king of the drive in you were going to be as soon as you got there

the kids now days with there low ridding zoomers just don't cut it.

Almost all the accessories mentioned are being re manned, but the originals on some are bringing premium prices. Ive seen all these accessories on cars except I don't think Ive ever seen (or even heard of) the fan for the hood ornament to keep bugs off the windshield.
Don't forget the fuzzy dice or shrunken head hanging from the mirror, or swamp coolers.
Cant forget the hand held spot trouble light that plugs into the cigar lighter.
Talking about all these makes me think of this great website for vintage accessories. http://www.classicaccessories.org/

John. Talking about shrunken heads, that is one thing all my old cars always have to have hanging from the rear view mirrors. Heck I even had to have one tattoo on my body so I would not be left out also. Just one of those kind of weird things I need to to do my rides. Thinking about it my challenger and pick up truck has them hanging in them also.

John. Talking about shrunken heads, that is one thing all my old cars always have to have hanging from the rear view mirrors. Heck I even had to have one tattoo on my body so I would not be left out also. Just one of those kind of weird things I need to to do my rides. Thinking about it my challenger and pick up truck has them hanging in them also.

Yeah, my 49 S&S has shrunken heads hanging on the mirror, and I have a buddy that has one on his rat rod. As for the tattoo, I have been wanting to do a shrunken head thing for many many years, and finally got it drawn up, just need to get it done, hopefully sometime soon.

Back