ITS BAAACK!!!! 70 Cadillac Superior Hi Top

As I understand it, winning bidders in the past auctions have failed to follow-up on sale. Anyone who has sold on Ebay knows the feeling, I'm sure. As was discussed here before, sellers should spell out in ad that they intend to filter out no buy/low feedback/just joined members of that site by having them phone you and be prepared to cancel/reject bids.
The owner, Brian Whelan, is a solid guy and a fellow PCS member. It's a beautiful ambulance and deserves a good home.

And sometimes it's just easier for the seller to say that the "high bidder failed to pay" than it is for him to say that the shill bid that one of their buddies placed was the high bid. Not saying that this has been the case here, but I do know that it happens on cars all the time on eBay. It is odd how the reserve price has jumped around so much on this car.

And I forgot to mention that I buy and sell a lot on eBay and I have never once had a high bidder not pay for an item. My eBay feedback is 899 and over half of that number would be items that I sold. I have been selling on eBay since 2000. Don't believe everything you hear when a seller says that they had a non-paying high bidder.

Inquiring minds want to know

In the most recent expired auction, the high bidder was two dollars away from the buy-it-now, no????

I sell and buy a lot on Ebay (over 4500 feedbacks) Mostly radio equipment and cop cars. The radio buyers are almost flawless performers once in a while a deadbeat or a return switcher. For the most part true gentlemen. NOW!!!! The vehicle buyers if one sells with the bidder following through in four listings I am doing good. The Vehicles are infested with game players I cancel all bids from zero feedback bidders as they are 99% game players (time wasters). The next group are the "I bid on it but wife won't let me buy it" or they just bid and don't have the $$$ to follow through. Granted some bidders are great I have shipped cars to California and South America. Had one buyer in Florida sold a police Tahoe to his kid rolled and we got to sell him another a security Company in Texas bought four from me so some are good but the fink rate is still very high. The only comment on the last auction is the distance between the last bid and the Buy It Now is so small that well???

I have had good experiences with Ebay, for the most part. I had a few non-payers, but everybody else was great.

Thanks peter

MORE EXPERIENCE WITH CARS best advice,none of these buyers would call or answer any emails,i new i was getting screwed again,ebay refunded more money than i asked,they new,i told them maybe these people work for ebay,because every time i have to pay a fee,so if there were shill biders,i would be a total idiot to have them pass my reserve,and keep paying fees,some people dont know how that works,thanks for making that clear pete,i mean it thank you,and i knew i was getting screwed,when i lowered the buy it now as much as i could within 2 dollars and emailed him 3 times and he would not respond,i offered him any deal he wanted,hundreds less than he bid NO RESPONCE,tell me it was a real bidder,i will now fight with ebay to get back fees $217.00 the last time,anybody got any advice,i hate selling cars,but i do love buying and fixing,but some have to go,it is very painfull to type,but my wife helps,now she wants to go to bed,thanks for all your help guys,i can read all night,so if there is more good advice or support i need it,i am so done with this ebay THANK YOU BRIAN 917-499-9994 CALL ANYTIME 7AM-11PM:confused::):)

When selling my 91 M-M Lincoln Paramount a few months ago I had the high bidder back out, re listed it and that high bidder backed out too! They both had high feedback, so just blocking the low ones don't help. I contacted Ebay, sent a report, gave bad feedback, and did not have to pay any fees for the auction. luckily, on the second time I gave a second chance offer to the next bidder and they bought it and were great to deal with. They also love the car!
Ebay needs stiffer penalties for deadbeats!

The Horse is DEAD!

We seem to spending a lot of time and energy on the sale of this car. Mr. Whelan is a PCS member, he has on more than one occasion offered to speak to club members interested in buying his car. He provides his phone number with every post. His willingness to talk to club members one on one makes him seem pretty stand up to me. He's a nice guy, I've spoken to him. Every time it appears on ebay comments are made by members about the price, or the wrong photos were listed. He has said more than once typing is painful for him. Let it go, he's one of US!
:beatdeadhorse5:

This guy has been jerked around by the Ebay time waster no pay bidders. He has an issue with typing and so there is a wrong picture so what. If you are going to spend the $$$ involved here and you are a buyer and not a tourist you can certainly ask for more and better pictures and gentleman is then obliged if wants to make a sale to send them. I don't know him personally but he seems well thought of by others on this list so lets let him market his rig in peace. He has enough issues with the Ebay bidders who do not preform.:beatdeadhorse5:

Unfortunately, the more times a car is listed in close succession on eBay, the less apt it is to sell...... regardless of the reason for those multiple listings. I have found through past experiences that cars in the higher price ranges like this rig are typically sold(privately) after the listing has ended anyway. I would, personally, let it rest for a while. Someone will, more than likely, be contacting you to see if it is still available. It costs you a lot less to sell it that way as well(don't tell eBay that I said that)!!

Some of you guys are just sounding crazy. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but if you're selling a Rolex watch on ebay, you don't put a picture of another Rolex watch you have in the auction just for the heck of it, do you? I'm fairly certain it is against ebay's rules as well.

Every time this car comes up for sale it is mentioned, every time there is a thread about it Brian himself responds, yet it has never been corrected and no explanation is ever given. It's just another couple random pictures of another car in an auction. It's dumb, and it should be fixed, nice guy or not, Sorry.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/picture.html

Not allowed: Including photos that don't accurately represent the item for sale.

As Brendan stated "The horse is DEAD"

If Brians listing bothers you so much DONT LOOK AT IT !!! :eek: :myopinion:

I would love to never look at it again, but unfortunately it gets posted here once a week in a new thread by people who have no clue how to use the search function. I click on a thread for a car for sale and there it is, again...and again....and again...

When I began posting items for sale on Ebay I felt it was something that was a benefit to all members as many do not spend the time on Ebay I do. Since this does not seem to be the case I can solve this problem by no longer doing these posts. It takes time and as I have expressed before I am not a computer Whiz so it may well take me longer than others.

I would love to never look at it again, but unfortunately it gets posted here once a week in a new thread by people who have no clue how to use the search function. I click on a thread for a car for sale and there it is, again...and again....and again...

Im with you there, especially when it is one of the new rules the WAC made a short time back which reads "Repetitive posts by one user or posting a new thread when one is already easily accessible will be considered spam. PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION FIRST, especially when starting a new thread about an eBay auction, Craigslisting, or a For Sale From Other Websites Forums."

Back