Update on Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some may know I purchased my Lifeliner from Dave a couple years ago due to his declining health. Sarah Snook purchased her 66 from him as well. I just got an email giving me an update on Dave which is below. I hope to meet Dave at the Carnation Festival in Alliance, OH first part of August on our way to the Int'l Meet in Flint.

"Monday I moved Dave into a one bedroom furnished apartment in Berea, his home town. He gets 3 meals a day in a dining room that looks like a restaurant and he loves it. He is much better and walks with a cane. His vision has improved as well.

Will you be coming to Alliance in August?

Peter"

Thanks for the update!

Richard,

I'm glad to know that Captain Video is doing much better!:)

As some of you know, I purchased the '57 MM Paramount ambulance from Dave's guardian in April of 2008.

While it's been cleaned up and seems to run okay, it's going to need a complete restoration before I'll be out and about with it. My focus at this point is getting the '64 finished in time for Flint.:cool:

Hopefully, I can make it to the Carnation meet and see Dave and Doc Peter!

Thanks !

Rick

Richard,

I'm glad to know that Captain Video is doing much better!:)

As some of you know, I purchased the '57 MM Paramount ambulance from Dave's guardian in April of 2008.

While it's been cleaned up and seems to run okay, it's going to need a complete restoration before I'll be out and about with it. My focus at this point is getting the '64 finished in time for Flint.:cool:

Hopefully, I can make it to the Carnation meet and see Dave and Doc Peter!

Thanks !

Rick

How about pictures Rick, would love to see it.

Captain Video

Thanks for the update, Richard. I attended several PCS meets back in the day when Captain Video was on scene, capturing literally every second of every day on tape. He was a strong supporter of PCS and I certainly hope he will be able to enjoy a future meet(s) with us.

"As some of you know, I purchased the '57 MM Paramount ambulance from Dave's guardian in April of 2008."

Very funny, Rick! Isn't your rig actually a Volunteer with Futura styling? And what's this about a GUARDIAN?

(Inside Joke: A Guardian is a very eleusive and highly sought Miller-Meteor Cadillac ambulance produced from 1960-1962.)

Capt video

Do any of you know if Dave's membership with at least the National PCS is being comp'd or otherwise being taken care of? If not.... it should be..... as Tony and others have said, he was an intregal part of each PCS International Meet when he was able and having the TPC's I am sure would be good re-hab for him. MM

Do any of you know if Dave's membership with at least the National PCS is being comp'd or otherwise being taken care of? If not.... it should be..... as Tony and others have said, he was an intregal part of each PCS International Meet when he was able and having the TPC's I am sure would be good re-hab for him. MM
Mike, Dave is a life member.

-Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back