Volunteer Chapter Winter Meet Dec 10-12th

LeeAnn Cunningham

PCS Member
Please join us for the Volunteer Chapter's 2010 Winter meet. I know the weather will play a big factor, but the past 3 years it has not been a concern. And you don't have to feel obligated to bring a procar to have fun! This is the last chance in 2010 that most of us get to see each other again until Spring.

We will meet Friday night December 10th, 7:00 PM, at the 'regular place', Caney Fork Fish Camp. The address is: 2440 Music valley Drive, Nashville TN 37214 Phone: 615-724-1200. Website: www.caneyforkfishcamp.com

After dinner, we will return to the hotel for the usual fellowship and cigar smoking (for the ones that can stand the cold). I changed hotels this year because our usual hotel, Fiddler's Inn, doesn't have a lobby. The new hotel does have a lobby so we will have a warm place to hang out.

Saturday morning, we can take advantage of the free continental breakfast provided by the hotel or go out for breakfast. Cracker Barrel, Shoney's, Bob Evans, McDonalds, to name a few are all nearby. We will be having an early lunch, so the free breakfast may work better for most.

We will depart the hotel at 10:30 and drive to downtown Nashville to the Paradise Trailer Park Resort for lunch. The address is: 411 Broadway, Nashville TN 37203 Phone: 615-251-1515. Website: www.paradiseparkonline.com

After lunch we will be going to the Country Music Hall Of Fame. Admission is $19.99 per adult, $17.99 with AAA, Seniors (60+), college or military discounts. If we have 15 or more the group rate is $16.50. This is a self guided tour and will take between 2 - 2 1/2 hours. The address is: 222 5th Avenue South Nashville TN 37203 Phone: 615-416-2001. Website: www.countrymusichalloffame.org

Then, it is back to the hotel. There are several attractions in the area for people to see or if they wish, take a nap and rest up for the rest of the night! At 5:00, the Volunteer Chapter will be furnishing pizza.

After dinner we will load up in a couple of limos and drive over to the Opryland Hotel. The hotel suffered major damage in the May floods. After 179 million dollars in renovations, the hotel is scheduled to reopen next week. There is no charge to stroll through the hotel enjoying the Christmas decorations, and everyone can be on their own. There are several exhibits that there are charges for. One I am adding that I think would be fun is the new exhibit Snow! Admission is 15.00 per adult. Below is info on Snow!

Snow in Nashville? Yes, at Gaylord Opryland Resort! Find the inner child in you as you play outdoors in our winter wonderland made of real snow! Plus, you’ll enjoy:

Live Reindeer on display
Snow Maze
Snowball Throwing Range
Snowman Building area with accessories
Make a Snow Angel
Build an igloo
S’mores over a roaring fire
Shopping in Santa’s Workshop

Link to Snow! and other Opryland Hotel events: www.gaylordHotels.com/Gaylord-Opryland

Sunday morning for those that can stay over, we will have breakfast at Cracker Barrel (time will be decided Saturday night), and if they aren't having a funeral, we will go to Hunter's Funeral Home in Watertown where Jeremy works.

Last, but not least the host hotel is Best Western at Opryland. Rooms are $69.99 per night. I have 8 rooms booked, if all 8 are booked we will get the group rate of $62.99 per night. They are now reserved under 'Boston'. Please when you reserve mention this and have the room put in your name, so we can try to book all 8 and receive the group rate. If any rooms are left, I will be canceling them December 8th. The address is: 201 Music City Circle Nashville TN 37214 Phone: 615-902-9940, reservations 1-888-994-9940. Website: http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=43134

Hope to see everyone there! If you have any questions, feel free to call me at 615-969-2880 or Jeremy Ledford at (615-604-8725) or e-mail leeannboston@bellsouth.net, or j78ledford@juno.com

For those of you I haven't heard from, I reserved 8 rooms, there is only 1 left at the PCS rate of $62.99. That reservation number is 278775. I will be cancelling it Wednesday night so if anyone wants it, please reserve it before Wednesday night. Be sure to put it in your name, and let me know. Thanks!

Back