1960 M-M Front End Parts

I am not sure if this is the proper place to post this question. When I tried to post into the Technical Discussion area, it said I had insufficient privileges.

My 1960 Cadillac Miller-Meteor is going to need the entire front end rebuilt. As I understand it, all of the running gear on these is commercial grade. Where would you recommend we track down these parts? Is there a particular site online that anyone has used or recommends?

Thanks in advance.

there are pieces that are CC only. most are the heavy duty caddy stuff for the year of the car. if there is a difference it will be listed. you best bet is a older Hollanders exchange book that fits your years. get one that has 60 of close to it up, not up to 60. it will list all the parts that exchange on the car and tell you if CC is different. e-bay is a good place to find these old books.

Most everything that you will need is available at NAPA or Rock Auto. The frame is different, in the fact that it is longer, and the differential is different, because it is for severe service. Almost all of the front end parts are standard 1959 Cadillac parts, with possibly a few exceptions. The brakes are larger, and they are commercial chassis parts. Without digging out my parts books, which I don't have time to do today, I can't give you part numbers, but if you find an online Moog catalog, you should be able to find most of them. The few pieces that are commercial chassis specific, you should be able to purchase from Rare Parts, but be sitting down when you hear the price.

Back