Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > Technical Discussion Forum

Technical Discussion Forum For the discussion of technical questions about Professional Cars and their repair and maintenance. Posting in this forum is limited to PCS Members and / or Site Supporters. We encourage all website users to become members of the Professional Car Society and / or become Site Supporter.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:09 AM
PCS Life Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Breaking in the '75 M-M/ climate control adjustment?

Last week I had the '75 Duplex out on some errands. It was cold so I was using the heaters. The rear one was running but at one point when I opened the back door to see if warm air was blowing it had stopped. I remembered the "Dayton" thermostat up on the partition and turned the temp up on it-the rear heater started up! Still working-how cool is that? I wonder if this thermostat controls the a/c as well? On a related note, in this and at least one of my other Cadillacs the temperature control for the front compartment seems out of adjustment. On "economy" or "Auto" settings in warm weather the system tends to want to direct air out of the heater vents except when the temp wheel is at or near minimum. Even when it directs air through the dash vents it will sometimes revert back to the heater(floor) vents in a few minutes. In my '83 limo the air will get warm unless you're on the minimum setting, even in warm weather. This makes me wonder if there is an adjustment on the air flow box under the dash or hood to get the temperature setting more in line with reality?
The Following User Says Thank You to John Burchfield For This Useful Post:
Richard Vyse (12-16-2010)