Video - 1960 Pinner/Pontiac

I'm 99% certain that this isn't a Pinner, however, Jack Pinner will correct me if I am wrong. The roof lights are differant than the roof lights on my 1963 Chrysler Pinner, as well as the rear quarter glass. A Pinner trademark was the triangular rear quarter window.

Attachments

• 1960 Pontiac.jpg
    1960 Pontiac.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 432
However

It is important to note that the trademark triangular glass was not included on the Pinner vans.:1:

Spoke to Jack today, and he said that they did make a few with the rectangular rear 1/4 window, and that one was delivered to the South Hackensack (NJ) Volunteer Squad. Based on the name on the rear of the uniform, this is a Pinner..

Early 1960 Pinner Coach

This is one of the early 1960 Pontiacs we built. Just after this ambulance was built dad revised the design of the rear quarter glass.

Don't be too hard on Paul. Even Tom did not remember that we built several coaches with this design. :pat:

I have been looking high and low for a picture of this car. Had a couple of rear shots. Thanks Steve for posting it.

If anyone has any pictures of a 1959 or 1960 Pontiac with this style rear glass please send me a copy. There is a good chance it is a Pinner.

Thanks

Jack Pinner

Wow, very cool video. I actually remember watching this movie in a CPR class I took in the mid-'70's. The title of the movie is "Check the Neck" (as if you hadn't guessed from the number of times they say it in the narration). I haven't seen that movie in 33+ years but I knew exactly what the next scene or next line of dialog was going to be, like I'd seen it yesterday. Thanks, Steve, for taking me back a few years!

That is a very nice Pinner ambulance as well. If you can't get the photo, here is a screen shot from the video. My photo program can't make it bigger, it only shows the movie full screen (can't access the program) or small, so small it is. And thanks, Jack, for the confirmation!

(Did all old 16mm films turn pink after some amount of time? I have another old film that is also pink like this.)

Attachments

• 60PinnerPontSoHackensackNJ.jpg
    60PinnerPontSoHackensackNJ.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 369
Pontiac Ambulance

Steve

Thanks for posting the picture. I was going to ask some of the computer savy guys if then knew how to capture a image of the ambulance.

This brings back a lot of memories.

There were a few 1959 and 1960 coaches we built with that style 1/4 glass. If anyone has a picture of a 59 or 60 Pontiac with this style quarter glass I would love a copy, It could also be a Pinner.

Thanks again.

Jack

Wow, very cool video. I actually remember watching this movie in a CPR class I took in the mid-'70's. The title of the movie is "Check the Neck" (as if you hadn't guessed from the number of times they say it in the narration). I haven't seen that movie in 33+ years but I knew exactly what the next scene or next line of dialog was going to be, like I'd seen it yesterday. Thanks, Steve, for taking me back a few years!

That is a very nice Pinner ambulance as well. If you can't get the photo, here is a screen shot from the video. My photo program can't make it bigger, it only shows the movie full screen (can't access the program) or small, so small it is. And thanks, Jack, for the confirmation!

(Did all old 16mm films turn pink after some amount of time? I have another old film that is also pink like this.)

On the film is alot like my family with dying optical lenses. What happens is the red dye molicue is the smallest and goes the deepest in the film, and as the red starts to fade it turns pink. And on old dyed grey lenses you see turn purple or pinkish.

I believe that Pontiac belonged to South Hackensack and it was the ambulance they used until 1967, when they placed the 1967 Miller Meteor in service that currently belongs to me.

While looking for an old post today, I came upon this thread. I clicked on the original link for the video, but it was no long. Did a youtube search based on the title of the movie as recounted by Steve, and found it. Presented below for your enjoyment... :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg3R_1lIYmY[/ame]

Back