Merry Christmas everyone

I just would like to wish a very MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my PCS family

Mike Boyer

Where I come from its still ok to say Merry Christmas !

to all

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY FRIENDS AT THE PCS. as i don't really know any of yall personnaly' i think of you as friends anyway. hope to meet as many of ya in the future but as a avid reader of every post i beleive i have gotten to know quite a few of you. i will admit to being a little pessimistic when i first found this site as i didnt beleive anyone else had seen as many things that i had seen as a ambulance jockey(my term). i stand corrected. have you ever felt like no one else would beleive you if you related all the terrible things that we have seen? i have. kept a lot of memorys bottled up as who would you tell them too? as a fd and a paramedic, emt, eca, etc. i have seen the worse in human life. out of the worse i have seen the best. before fire dept's took over ems here we answered calls 24/7 365 noing we would not collect any fees for our service but did it anyway. a great injustice has been done in our history as we are refered to as the fun. home ambulance services were this and were that but what everyone forgets is we did it out of NEED, not greed. we paid for our own training as well as our own supplies. it's easy to get everything you need from the city or county as it's easy to say i need it, give it to me. we on the other hand had to get new materials and supplies out of our own pocket. i'm not saying we were better but i beleive we did our duty for another reason. we did it because we were all there was! how many of you bought your own trauma kits? personnal supplies you paid for out of your own pocket that you knew you would never be repaid for but did it because it was the right thing to do to try and save someones life? in my opinion history has not been kind to the unsung heroes. we are looked at as leeches just trying to get a funeral. i don't beleive this is true and will go to my grave thinking this. to all the unsung heroes out there i send you a heartfelt merry chritmas. without you a LOT of folks would not be celebrating christmas this year, past years and years to come. i salute you all!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY FRIENDS AT THE PCS. as i don't really know any of yall personnaly' i think of you as friends anyway. hope to meet as many of ya in the future but as a avid reader of every post i beleive i have gotten to know quite a few of you. i will admit to being a little pessimistic when i first found this site as i didnt beleive anyone else had seen as many things that i had seen as a ambulance jockey(my term). i stand corrected. have you ever felt like no one else would beleive you if you related all the terrible things that we have seen? i have. kept a lot of memorys bottled up as who would you tell them too? as a fd and a paramedic, emt, eca, etc. i have seen the worse in human life. out of the worse i have seen the best. before fire dept's took over ems here we answered calls 24/7 365 noing we would not collect any fees for our service but did it anyway. a great injustice has been done in our history as we are refered to as the fun. home ambulance services were this and were that but what everyone forgets is we did it out of NEED, not greed. we paid for our own training as well as our own supplies. it's easy to get everything you need from the city or county as it's easy to say i need it, give it to me. we on the other hand had to get new materials and supplies out of our own pocket. i'm not saying we were better but i beleive we did our duty for another reason. we did it because we were all there was! how many of you bought your own trauma kits? personnal supplies you paid for out of your own pocket that you knew you would never be repaid for but did it because it was the right thing to do to try and save someones life? in my opinion history has not been kind to the unsung heroes. we are looked at as leeches just trying to get a funeral. i don't beleive this is true and will go to my grave thinking this. to all the unsung heroes out there i send you a heartfelt merry chritmas. without you a LOT of folks would not be celebrating christmas this year, past years and years to come. i salute you all!!

Kyle,
In just a few short words.....

I think you hit the nail on the head......

I believe I am from the same "era" as you as far as ambulance service goes...
and I can agree with you ,we did what our knowlege and our resources allowed (as well as the LAW).....

People today use "emergency services" today without a single thought just HOW things came to be....but just EXPECT things and services to be available.

As with any other thing,there were pioneers who laied the groundwork for what we have today......as there were pioneers before US...who brought things as they were for our "era".......

That is one of the many reasons I love PCS...not only is it a great resource for the members...but I believe its a GREAT educational tool for anyone who might be looking for historical information and real FACTS.....

Like you I can remember buying my own supplies ,which was not easy to do on my $1.65/hr...but it got done because I felt that I owed that much to the patients that we saw......if your going to do it ...do it the BEST you can.....and I thing WE ALL did the best we could.....so lets give ourselves a pat on the back and say that we did a job well ......and the current folks who may be empoyed in EMS are doing a superb job also,and get very little if any recognition...my hats off to everyone !!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!
Jim

Last edited:
Back