Spoon and Tune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Shepard

Website Administrator / Past President - Golden St
Super Site Supporter
This Sunday a number of Golden State Chapter members will be getting together at my place for a "Spoon and Tune", or in other words food and technical work on their cars. We will work together on solving minor mechanical and electrical issues that we have with our vehicles, and follow up with a BBQ. Each of us have a wide range of experience after working on cars for years, and will pool that experience, and our tools, to help each other get ready for the summer season of car shows and events.

Robert Shepard
President
Golden State Chapter

Long Suffering Owner
1975 Miller-Meteor Criterion Ambulance
1976 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner Ambulance

Last edited:
re: spoon and tune

Ok, its not what I thought. But it does seem like an idea other chapters could put to use. While we all are not experts, we all have some skill or knowledge worth sharing. Why haven't we thought of this before?
I will be 'spooning and tuning' at the 'Ohio Valley Gathering' of dulcimer players this weekend. So my coach work will have to be put on hold for a few days.
Good luck this weekend.
Mike
61 MM

Ok, its not what I thought. But it does seem like an idea other chapters could put to use. While we all are not experts, we all have some skill or knowledge worth sharing. Why haven't we thought of this before?
I will be 'spooning and tuning' at the 'Ohio Valley Gathering' of dulcimer players this weekend. So my coach work will have to be put on hold for a few days.
Good luck this weekend.
Mike
61 MM

Just what did you think a "Spoon and Tune" was?

spoon and tune

Thank you John,
I thought maybe I was the only one that read more into that post. It is good to know other people remember spoon also means something else. Maybe it is an age thing. Or a regional thing.
Again, some of us get to learn something from this wonderful site. Grandpa always said you should learn at least one new thing everyday.
Mike

sorry I can't be there for this one. be thinking about you guys out there while I finish digging out. we were lucky here only had 8 inches they got 25 up north.

Great Grandpa

Thank you John,
I thought maybe I was the only one that read more into that post. It is good to know other people remember spoon also means something else. Maybe it is an age thing. Or a regional thing.
Again, some of us get to learn something from this wonderful site. Grandpa always said you should learn at least one new thing everyday.
Mike

Well, this is a GREAT grandpa eleven times over talking, so I must be a genius. I still remember what it was like to spoon under the moon in June (and other months).
John

sorry I can't be there for this one. be thinking about you guys out there while I finish digging out. we were lucky here only had 8 inches they got 25 up north.

The Golden State Chapter would be honored to have you with us Ed. We hope that during your next trip to CA you can participate in one our gatherings. The temps here are in the mid 70's, and getting warmer by the day. We may see it hit 80 by Sunday, and have to buy more beer!

don't rub it in. 18 this morning and we are getting the fringe of the storm heading to Co. still got 6 inches on the ground from the last one. :rolleyes:

Best Wishes from the Northlanders!

Although we have a gorgeous sunny morning here, it would be a bit chilly for a Spoon & Tune. Not too surprising, though, since we've dealt with snow during past Spring Fling weekends!

It's a good thing the technical part of your event comes first. After the BBQ and beer, there won't be much work getting done to those cars!:D

Although we have a gorgeous sunny morning here, it would be a bit chilly for a Spoon & Tune. Not too surprising, though, since we've dealt with snow during past Spring Fling weekends!

It's a good thing the technical part of your event comes first. After the BBQ and beer, there won't be much work getting done to those cars!:D

The "Spoon and Tune" is a concept that can help members in all our chapters. Some of us are not skilled mechanicly, but do know what is correct equipment wise for a given vehicle. Together we can get our cars in top notch shape and have fun doing so with our friends. Think of it as a barn raising for professional cars.

The temp at my place yesterday hit 84 degrees, so we should have a great day today. I'll get some of our antics recorded in photos, and post them after the beer wears off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back