Welcome to the Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Paul, you have done a much needed and appreciated service.:)I don';t post often but I do check in daily, its good to be back with all of you!

Paul, Thanks you for putting this board together so fast. I'm like Mr Dorgan - neutral, except in my cars I want them in Drive. I had a minor stroke 2 wks ago so all this mouse moving and clicking is good exercise. Let me know when the "site supporter" part is ready - I'll chalk it up to Phys Ther fees. :D Bottom line for me is about the vehicles. It will be good to read about them more that politics.

I finally made it!

Hi Everyone!

I just want to say thank you to Paul for offering an alternate place to discuss the PCS. I am really sorry that it had to come to this, but hopefully we can move forward from this point.

I need everyone to know that as long as I am an elected board member (until August 2010) and VP until August 2009, that I will do everything to support the PCS as a whole. In so doing, I will do whatever is in the BEST interest of the Society.

I need to say that while this "new" site seems great, it is somewhat disappointing in that, I don't really feel that there was anything wrong with the "old" site.

I do know that the other site was “privately owned,” and controlled by Dean. I objected that the Society had no control and likewise gave it no financial support. In addition, I realize that there were some “loud mouths” and folks who were not afraid to bash other members publicly. I was upset that it was allowed to go on and attempts to express another point of view were met with a barrage of "cyber bullying" that I presume is one of the reasons this site was created.

I DO think that Dean and Paul did a GREAT job with the old site until recently. Since the Mt. Laurel Meet and the entire flap over the VP election, things have been in a downward spiral. I just hope that we can stay friends with those that remain supportive of the other site.

I completely agree with JD regarding his "Bambie and Thumper" comments.

I'll go one further and quote a Jew (Paul will like that:D) who founded Christianity (sort of) "Blessed are the peacemakers..."

We as a Society have a lot of work to do in order to be a thriving and successful car club. Fragmenting our membership is not going to produce the results that I believe we should strive to achieve.

To that end, I will continue to remain active on both sites, continue to work with the constitutional committee and continue to support our elected, until I'm required to step down.

I would ask that those HERE… and THERE do whatever they can to ensure the success of the entire Society by supporting Brady Smith and the Mid-Michigan gang at the upcoming International Meet this summer.

I would also ask that we do whatever we can to foster better relationships with those whose opinions we disagree with and try and work together toward a mutual compromise that supports the Society and guarantees our longevity.

I'd be delighted to discuss Society business (or anything else) with anyone who'd like to talk. I'm available during business hours at 800-474-4437 X 272 or anytime on my cell at 412 551-0020.

Onward and Upward!

Rick Duffy,
PCS Vice President

thanks Rick for the phone number. were I know a lot of them are in the membership roster digging them out some times is a chore so here is back to you. you have anything you need to relay to me. my number is 605-745-6961 MST. as for the other site I have heard club money support both ways. but I'm not in a position to say either way. I do know the club logo was removed from it. that means to me it is no longer a club site. :confused:

Hello All:

Nice to see familiar names. Thanks to Kent Dorsey for directing my here. I'm officially a due paying PCS member. Now I just need a Pro Car.

Oh BTW Kent, I'll be down your way in early April.

Hello All:

Nice to see familiar names. Thanks to Kent Dorsey for directing my here. I'm officially a due paying PCS member. Now I just need a Pro Car.

won't be any trouble fining one if you want one. I have a combo Steve has a ambulance Ron has a van there are Hearses all around us. no time the present to bite the bullet light and get one. welcome aboard

Finally back on...

Hi folks, Art in Boise here. First of all, thanks to Paul and anyone else who helped to get this site up and running.

For some reason my access to the old site stopped a few weeks ago and I had not had the chance to to get a new password established. I of course had noticed the change in the "look" and name of the site (I use www.professionalcar.org as my home page), but had NO IDEA what had actually gone down.

A few days ago, I emailed Dean and he sent me a new log-in for the old site, which I will try logging on to soon. Dean also gave me his phone number and I will call him and talk to him about his reasons for doing what he did. I have been a strong supporter of our PCS Web Site for a long time, and while I think a neutral site about "pro cars" is great, it is the people and mission of the PCS that's where my heart it is.

Paul is my friend, Dean is my friend, and Lou is my friend (btw I had to list a "primary chapter" to log onto this site...I listed Southern California as my primary Chapter). I also belong to Rick's PNW Chapter, Joe's Rocky Mountain Chapter, and Brady's Mid-Michigan Chapter and pay dues to all of them. Of course I'd like to belong to all Chapters...but I'm running out of dues money! Plus, there is only so much you can do! I already run a non-profit, work fulltime, and teach college up to 3 nights a week. I have 24 speeches & Final Exams to grade before Tuesday! If I spend much time doing posts on the PCS sites (with as long-winded as I am) I'll never get them done!

The reason I belong to Chapters I do is that the PNW and Denver Chapters are close by, so I wanted to support my fellow Pac N. West and Rocky Mountain friends Rick and Joe. Kind of like living in one of the so-called "fly-over" states...we have to stick together...because there aren't that many of us when it comes to "numbers" out West. I am the only PCS Member in the State of Idaho.

BTW, the NCAA March Madness games are in Boise tonight playing at my school - Boise State University, where I teach college and got my degrees from. Great school...great athletic dept. It would be fun to have a meet in Boise and get the University to help us to put one on!

On a serious note, I read with sadness the many comments about what's been happening to the society; the fact that this new wed site even exists is a testimony that not everyone agrees with some of the things that have been going on. There is an old saying that one should be able to disagree...without being "disagreeable." And I respectfully disagree with some of what has been happening of late, and you'll soon be hearing a bit more about that from me.

In the meantime rest assured I still support the concept of the Professional Car Society, but do not support some (not all) of the policies and behavior of some of our leadership, and some of my fellow Board Members. They may (and certainly are entitled to) feel the same way about me. I plan on making some phone calls this weekend, and if you'd like to talk to me, you are welcome to send me your number in an email to pawzup@qwest.net and I'll call you back on my dime. My phone is (208) 853-7756.

I have been away from the forums for a few weeks. It is really good to see the names I saw above my post. You are all my friends, and regardless of what happens in the future to our club, our friendship will not end.

Art Gregory
Boise, Idaho

Steve L..."French Fry" says hi and asks "would you like an apple pie with that?"

Present....

Hey guys!!!...First off, thanks to Paul for the heads-up on what's been going on..Alot of behind-the-scenes stuff that I had no idea about went down...I gotta say that I've been checking in from time to time, and it was really depressing to see all the conflict going on....Made me just lurk in the shadows, and not contribute at all...I had been on the recieving end of some harsh critisizm when I first joined up, which kinda turned me off, but also found others in my exact position that knew what I was dealing with...Anyways, enough of my blabbering...What all have I missed?!?!?!...LOL!!!..

Thanks for the invite, Paul!!!!....

Hi, guys; it's good to see so many familiar names here. I've been out of the loop for a long time, mostly due to being busy, and the car hobby consists mainly of lurking at a few car websites now and then. The kids are 5 and 8, so it may still be a while. Still no progress on the '60 Briarean, although I did just pick up some nice repro floor pan segments. Anyway, nice to be here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back