'48 Chrysler

Saw this HAMB for sale ad that really doesn't fit cross-posting in any particular forum here. I'm curious what it actually is - but not interested in purchasing.

picture.php

Follow links for a photo album with many pics. If one has to be a member to view, I can save and upload elsewhere.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7282733#post7282733

On the surface, a 7 passenger limo complete with jump seats.

picture.php

Here is the interesting part - removable B pillar. On a limo..?

picture.php

So did McClintock build this yet it was never outfitted as a Sedambulance? Or maybe most limos were built this way and I never paid attention before. Early post-war Chrysler 7 passenger sedans were 'popular' McClintock conversions, right?

a good number of the McClintocks we built off the Chy factory limo. the only reasion for the removable piller would be for that porpose. chy did not offer it for a option that I know of. half front seat and one jump would be removable in the sedan ambulance and they were all clearly labled as such if built by Mcclintock

Attachments

• 1953 Chy Sedanambulance 2.JPG
    1953 Chy Sedanambulance 2.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 339
Not all that uncommon. Don't know who built this one but, I have photos of similar units created by modifying DeSoto long-wheelbase sedans. They were generally used as sedan ambulances or invalid cars.

I cant see the pics. If someone can post them it would be great, Im wondering if its the same one I was looking at a few years ago.

Back