May 11-13 Volunteer Chapter Cave City KY Meet

LeeAnn Cunningham

PCS Member
This year we opted out of our annual Owensboro KY meet in May because we'd just about visited everywhere we could and decided to do something new. This May - May 11th - 13th, our meet will be in Cave City KY. And we will be sleeping in wigwams! Before you think, "No, I'm not going to do that.", check out the website. www.wigwamvillage.com These are modern day wigwams with heat/air,TV, plumbing, coffee, etc.... I reserved 12 wigwams, there are 15 in the village. 7 have 1 full bed, 5 have 2 full beds. The rates are $55.00 for one bed, $65.00 for 2 beds. This does not include tax. The address is 601 North Dixie Highway Cave City KY 42127. The rooms are currently in the name of LeeAnn Boston/Professional Car Society. Being I have almost the entire village reserved, they are requiring a cut off date of April 11th, so please reserve by April 11th if possible. I will be calling that day to cancel remaining rooms. If any are still available after that date, the above prices will still apply. Please let me know if/when you reserve a room and be sure to get a confirmation number. The phone number is 270-773-3381.

For early arrivals, Friday night, we will have dinner at El Mazatlan (Mexican & Seafood) at 7:00. The address is 105 Garbner Lane Cave City KY 42127.

Saturday morning, we will leave Wigwam Village at 8:00 for breakfast (location to be determined later). After breakfast we will be departing for Mammoth Cave National Park for the morning. There are several levels of cave tours, ranging from easy to difficult, which can be decided on at the park. For those not wanting to participate in the cave tour, there is also a nice park. The website is www.nps.gov/maca/index.htm Cave tour descriptions and prices can be found there. We will have lunch at Traveltine Restaurant, which is located in the park.

After lunch we will be heading to The Corvette Museum in Bowling Green. This is about a 30 minute drive from Cave City. corvettemuseum.com Admission is $10.00 for adults, $8.00 for 55 and older. Also, if we have 10 - 12 people we may qualify for a group rate.

We will then return to Cave City and those interested can visit some of the local attractions or return to the wigwams. Check www.cavecity.com

We will have a cookout at Wigwam Village, provided by the Volunteer Chapter, around 6:00 p.m.

Sunday morning before the return home, anyone interested can meet for breakfast!

Hope to see everyone there! If you have any questions, please contact me at 615-969-2880 or Jeremy Ledford at 615-604-8725.

Last edited:
This sounds quite spectacular, and I have that weekend off, so perhaps we can attend. I've been to Mammoth Cave several times and it is really something to see. You'd never imagine while driving above ground what lies below. It's quite amazing. This get together should be a sell-out! Tom

I would love to sleep in one of those teepee's !

I can't make this meet but someday I need to visit that village.

Thanks for posting this cool meet with a stop at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green.

Sounds like a fantastic event you have planned.

Darren

P.S. Take lots of pictures to post for us who won't be there. Thanks !

We've heard of reserving hotel rooms,but Leeann has reserved the entire village! Wow!!! As usual,I'll be there super early in the morning, and I'll leave super late on saturday night. See everyone there!

To entice things a little here are some photos of the Wigwam Village that I took in 08!

Attachments

• Wig Wam Hotel #2 Cave City Kentucky Aug 2008. 035.jpg
    Wig Wam Hotel #2 Cave City Kentucky Aug 2008. 035.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 566
  • Wig Wam Hotel #2 Cave City Kentucky Aug 2008. 026.jpg
    Wig Wam Hotel #2 Cave City Kentucky Aug 2008. 026.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 426
  • Wig Wam Hotel #2 Cave City Kentucky Aug 2008. 005.jpg
    Wig Wam Hotel #2 Cave City Kentucky Aug 2008. 005.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 390
  • Wig Wam Hotel #2 Cave City Kentucky Aug 2008. 033.jpg
    Wig Wam Hotel #2 Cave City Kentucky Aug 2008. 033.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 419
A few more.

Attachments

• Wig Wam Hotel #2 Cave City Kentucky Aug 2008. 006.jpg
    Wig Wam Hotel #2 Cave City Kentucky Aug 2008. 006.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 383
  • Wig Wam Hotel #2 Cave City Kentucky Aug 2008. 008.jpg
    Wig Wam Hotel #2 Cave City Kentucky Aug 2008. 008.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 383
  • Wig Wam Hotel #2 Cave City Kentucky Aug 2008. 009.jpg
    Wig Wam Hotel #2 Cave City Kentucky Aug 2008. 009.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 357
  • Wig Wam Hotel #2 Cave City Kentucky Aug 2008. 010.jpg
    Wig Wam Hotel #2 Cave City Kentucky Aug 2008. 010.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 355
Well, I was going to add pictures, but I forgot. But, they are almost identical....imagine that! The wigwams with 2 beds is a bit larger and there's plenty of room in them. Stephen, I was 3 wigwams short of reserving the whole village. I wanted to go on and reserve them all, but wasn't sure what the turn out would be like and hated to 'hog' all the wigwams. If we do use all of the ones I reserved and someone else gets the other 3 they won't know what hit them.... Remember when/if you reserve one please let me know, so I can keep track. If they start going fast, I may go on and try to get the other 3. And remember, any that are still open on April 11th, I have to cancel them or I will be charged for them. Oh, and they are not fancy by no means, but what would you expect out of a wigwam? Ha. But, I can assure you they are clean and have everything the modern day Indian would look for........

You may want to use a space heater, extra blankets or get closer to your bestest if the forecast is chilly. All that concrete is cold! Great place to stay, however.

--Chris

It was in the upper 20's when I was there last weekend. They did have space heaters going in the wigwams and it was warm. Thanks for the info, though. I'm more concerned about where to go if a tornado comes through! Jeremy said maybe they would just tip over....

Update

I've had several people tell me they have made reservations. I called today just to be sure everything is in order. Everyone that has made reservations giving my name and/or Professional Car Society rooms are fine. I just wanted to be sure they had been taken out of my name and put in the other party's name(s). I had 12 wigwams reserved. There are still 5 available in my name. If you reserve, please let me know, so I can keep up with it. Thanks!

I called today and had the deadline extended to Saturday the 14th. We didn't get a group rate, so after the remaining rooms are released, if any are available later you will get the same rate. We need just 1 more wigwam reserved and we can say we have taken over half the village... Also there are other hotels in the area..

I bought this neat diecast '60 Ford Station Wagon with a TeePee at a automotive swap meet yesterday.

It reminded me of this thread !

It even comes with a little snake too.

ROAD TRIP USA !

Gotta love it,
Darren

Attachments

• barrie - tee pee.jpg
    barrie - tee pee.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 51
Back