1982 Ford SW Baltimore County interesting photo

Yeah, the early Paramedic units in that area were station wagons, which responded with ambulances, kinda like Squad 51. The station wagons only carried equipment and did not transport. As there were more folks trained as paramedics and they could be assigned to ambulances, the Paramedic Wagons became paramedic supervisors, who now use squad-style trucks.

I dislike the quote from the person in the photo (whom I don't know though I recognize the name). If you remove the humanity from the job of being a paramedic, there's no point in doing it. The paramedic's job is almost all about humanity and just a little about skills and medications.

not that this makes any difference, but it looks more like a GM, malibu wagon maybe, than it does a ford. just saying.

I dislike the quote from the person in the photo (whom I don't know though I recognize the name). If you remove the humanity from the job of being a paramedic, there's no point in doing it. The paramedic's job is almost all about humanity and just a little about skills and medications.

While I agree one has to have compassion to do the job well, without some level of detachment a paramedic won't last very long.

Well OK I revisited and yes the painted streamline mirrors are Chevrolet Malibu Ford had chrome ones in that era. You can see the Ford style seat pattern. If the rear of the 1/4 glass was visible we would know for sure but I change my vote to Chevrolet.

Back