Light and Siren at swap meet

Darren Bedford

PCS Member
I was at the Barrie Automotive Flea Market yesterday.

These were both there for sale. I didn't get either.

Thought you might like to see them,
Darren

Attachments

• barrie - beacon-ray.jpg
    barrie - beacon-ray.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 295
  • barrie - siren.jpg
    barrie - siren.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 303
Prices are reasonable based on condition and if you could use them. If you purchased them for resale, you wouldn't have made much.

For those of us who hunt these flea and auto swaps is there a sticker or marking that would tell us its a John Dorgan unit,this would add value to it if its one of his,I am still learning what to look for...

John never marked his units, however, after seeing many of his rebuilds, I can usually tell if it is one that he had redone. These appear to be originals, but pictures can be deceiving.

A friend of mine rebuilds boat props and stamps his work before he rebuilds it. That way he can identify his work as well as the user.

I think Kevin (and others doing a rebuild) should at least put a little sticker on the sirens he rebuilds so people know it was done at a reputable re-manufacturer.
Maybe he does now, I don't know.

John should have in my opinion as well. At least his kids should since they have now taken over his business.

:my2cents:

Darren

I don't know enough about lights or sirens to know if those prices are good or not.

I guess when I get a ambulance I will have to gain that knowledge as well.

Darren

Back