Gotta Love Free Stuff

Ron Devies

PCS Ohio Chapter President, PCS Vice President
So I got a call from a local fire department today from a medic that we worked for competing services back in the day. His fire department was going to throw some stuff away in the dumpster. He told them NO WAY there is a guy who will put it to work.
Today I picked up a model 30 with IV pole, a model 35, a ferno scoop and a Lifepak 10 FREE. He says more stuff coming. Here's a pic

Attachments

• IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 337
Congrats Ron, but remember, they are not collectors, so they don't understand that other people are and would give the stuff a new life. It is great when you are the recipient of free stuff, isn't it?

I have had success in contacting ambulance distributors/dealers as they place little or no value on the old stuff that they get in with ambulance trade-ins. Stretchers are a whole lot cheaper buying from them than they are on eBay!

Wow lucky man ! Locally they dumped it and told me 2 weeks after...

I have had that happen too. One time, I got a list of all the funeral homes in the NE Ohio area and sent them all letters saying I was willing to buy any and all old ambulance stuff they had sitting around. It actually paid off, I did buy some stuff and a couple places just gave it to me when they realized someone was preserving their history.

Back