Custom-made Replacement Glass

I'm in the process of replacing the vinyl top and repainting my 1996 Fleetwood Cadillac 100" Stretch Krystal Koach Limo. While "Dustless Blasting" the rust that was under the old vinyl top, the blasting company managed to shatter both right and left center windows. These are 68" x 21" parallelograms with a 42" curvature radius. My project is at a standstill.

After much research, I located Spec-Temp’s original drawings of the tempered limo side glasses. Spec-Temp is now known as Paragon Tempered Glass, and they quoted approximately $4000.00 to setup and make these two in bent tempered glass. Ouch!

Over the past few weeks I have spoken to many companies around the US and Canada that make custom bent laminated glass. This appears to be the reasonable way to go for just two pieces. The best quote I have so far is from "Curved Glass Creations" in Pompano Beach, FL. Does anyone have any experience with them or any other glass company that would make these from my drawings?

Thanks,
Jim Moody

Tell the dustless blasting company that they should report this to their insurance carrier, and that they are liable for the damage. I can see breaking one as an accident, but breaking 2 is just carelessness, that cannot be excused.

Most of that money is the cost of making the mold and set up. Once that work is done, the actual cost of the glass is very little. If he makes 1 for each side, or he makes 20 of each side, the cost of the extra 19 pieces of glass probably won't amount to an additional $500.
If it were my car, I would be looking for a parts car. There has to be one out there somewhere, and for $4000, he will get change and have a lifetime of body and mechanical parts.
The biggest problem with glass is that no one wants to buy it until the day that they need it.

Glass

I'm in the process of replacing the vinyl top and repainting my 1996 Fleetwood Cadillac 100" Stretch Krystal Koach Limo. While "Dustless Blasting" the rust that was under the old vinyl top, the blasting company managed to shatter both right and left center windows. These are 68" x 21" parallelograms with a 42" curvature radius. My project is at a standstill.

After much research, I located Spec-Temp’s original drawings of the tempered limo side glasses. Spec-Temp is now known as Paragon Tempered Glass, and they quoted approximately $4000.00 to setup and make these two in bent tempered glass. Ouch!

Over the past few weeks I have spoken to many companies around the US and Canada that make custom bent laminated glass. This appears to be the reasonable way to go for just two pieces. The best quote I have so far is from "Curved Glass Creations" in Pompano Beach, FL. Does anyone have any experience with them or any other glass company that would make these from my drawings?

Thanks,
Jim Moody

A friend is parting out 6 93-96 6 door limos .I do not know the makes but give him a call for details might have the glass you need. 909-825-2079 ask for Richard.

Jim
Sent you a PM.
Contact Danny Ryder, he might be able to hook you up or provide a solid lead.
He's done a lot of wheeling and dealing with pro cars.

depending on how they were put into the car I would go with the laminated that's a big hunk of glass there. as you have the specks the long winded part is half done. the only other way to go would be a lexan product. they did use a number of plastic windows in the stretched ones.
but nothing a 6 door would have would be near that long

I would also contact Infinite Innovations, as they supply lots of limo glass. But no matter what you do, as Paul said, I would make sure the shop doing the work is the one that pays to replace it. It happened in their care, so they are responsible for their mistake.

https://www.mtgiparts.com/store/

Glass

depending on how they were put into the car I would go with the laminated that's a big hunk of glass there. as you have the specks the long winded part is half done. the only other way to go would be a lexan product. they did use a number of plastic windows in the stretched ones.
but nothing a 6 door would have would be near that long

Should have clarified that ,he also parted a stretch limo. And I believe Ronnie Grubbs also has some glass for this also. PM me for contact info .

Back