A Name From The Past

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
You ever think about someone that you have not spoken with in a long time and then call them? That happened to me today, I was thinking of past PCS President Marty Schmeisser, so I decided to give him a call. He has not been very active in recent years, so some of you may not know him. Anyway he lives in Tampa, Florida and has a great collection of antique Cadillacs, with maybe five of them being pro cars. We had a nice conversation, it was good to speak with Marty again. I tried to encourage Marty and his wife Cathy to come to Gettysburg in August to the PCS Int'l Meet, he was not planning on it, but it would be nice to see them again.

The first Meet Marty attended was Fort Wayne in 1995, he and his first wife Barbara were driving a golden-brown 1966 Miller Meteor Cadillac hearse that they had recently purchased. We had a great time at that Meet courtesy of the Indiana Chapter and Tom Hoczyk. I hate to say it, but it seems like yesterday and it was twenty one years ago!

I ran in to Marty at the Sam's Club a few weeks back as well as at the Plant City Strawberry Festival Parade while driving the Lifeliner. He is looking quite healthy.

Thanks Bill, Marty is a nice guy and always helpful, I think I saw him last in Lancaster, in "09. Maybe one day he will return.

Back