Carryall ambulance photos

Yup, just up my alley. But....any idea what movie it was? I don't know what you're referring to. :confused2:

That's the hard part, Steve. I have no idea what the movie was. I just happened to be changing channels when I saw that cool ol' International running past. It happened pretty quickly. I just managed to get a glance at the VisiBar. It was a black and white movie, and the truck looked to be early to mid 60s....the older body style.

Very cool long wheelbase Chevy panel, it just reminded me of this one (1962 or '63?) I saw back in 2009 at Petaluma, CA:

P1010864-vi.jpg

P1010861-vi.jpg

As I recall it was a unit originally out of Oregon but looks like I forgot to snap a pic of the sign board to document it. :(

Hometown of the late Johnny Carson. '63 GMC/Christopher
Partially restored, and in North Wilkesboro, NC. Available for donation to a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Stored indoors, it runs, is in primer, and is titled, but fenders/grill/headlights are detached. Paperwork available that shows work done. Nebraska museum showed interest but did not follow through. Interested parties please email me at rezqd@att.net.

Travelall In Salvage Yard

In a central Iowa salvage yard. Parts are available off of it. Squad bench, switch panel, and jump seat still inside.ResizedImage_1417653705457.jpgResizedImage_1417653758303.jpgResizedImage_1417653773927.jpg

i2517710.jpgHere is a still from the documentary Action: the october crisis, this panel truck was used to remove Pierre Laporte body in 1970. Dont know why, same frosted windows and "X" design. Same car 6 years later?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an unusual one. This is a '68 (?) Springfield Travelall Interne.

But look at the very unusual door location and the blank panel between the door and the rear window. Never seen that before. The side door has the cross decal that would normally be in the rear doors' windows on other Springfields. And it looks like something is covering the rear quarter window from inside, probably a backboard. It was probably designed with the side door forward to accommodate that backboard mounting.

And boy, does it have a lot of lights. Beacon, Visibar, SolaRay (or PropelloRay), forward sealed-beam flashers high and low. And an electronic siren with 2 speakers.68SpgfldTAScrantonPA.jpg

Back