Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Classifieds Forum Open to the Public > For Sale To The Public At Large

For Sale To The Public At Large For Sale items must contain a price, and be owned by you and Pro Car related. All questions, price negotiations, etc., must be done by Private Message or eMail. Once sold, please make a final post indicating that. Posts may be removed after 30 days or at our discretion. Special Note, when doing business with others ask for references etc., Buyer and Sellers Beware, we hope each person is honest, however, buy and sell at your own risk.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:59 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 2,510 Times in 1,206 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1968 Superior Pontiac Ambulance $24,500

You know this ambulance history as I have chronicled it in the forums and there are complete before and after pictures in my album. Suffice it to say that it is a good, strong running car, with lots of work done over the past two years. It is a great parade car, cruise night car and a huge hit at local shows and events. The ambulance has had a nice storage garage, but that is coming to an end. So, I am considering selling it, if anyone is interested. It would be nice to see her stay in the PCS, so I will make a discounted price to someone from this group. Call me, or PM me for more information. Phone # 201-342=4871
Attached Images

Past Northeast Chapter President
Past BoD Member
Co-Chair PCS 1999 Lancaster Meet

And I have to say that I enjoyed every minute of it!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Marcy For This Useful Post:
Andrew G. Zajkowski (04-21-2017), David Henry (10-14-2016), Martin Harvey (10-14-2016), Nik White (04-22-2017), Steve Loftin (10-13-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 11:16 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 2,067 Times in 838 Posts
Groans: 0
Default 68

Bill........But....But.....I thought you.......but .....but.......ohhh Bill say it isnt so !!!!

I am shocked to say the least..after all that time and energy you put into this one......

But I understand things happen.....best of luck with it I know someone will be getting a VERY nice ambulance !!

PONTIAC: "We build excitement" !!

1970 Superior Cadillac 54" Super Rescuer
1972 Superior Cadillac Model 626

Last edited by James Fischer; 10-13-2016 at 11:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to James Fischer For This Useful Post:
Bill Marcy (10-14-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 08:30 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,089 Times in 381 Posts

Oh boy it's now official! Wish it will be a good guy !
The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Harvey For This Useful Post:
Bill Marcy (10-14-2016)
Old 10-15-2016, 12:04 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,118 Times in 430 Posts
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Bill, that is one of the nicest colour combinations you could find. Sorry to hear it has to move on and I hope a fellow PCS member is found to carry on its care.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tim Prieur For This Useful Post:
Bill Marcy (10-15-2016)
Old 01-26-2017, 08:11 PM
PCS Member

Default Price Reduced! $22,500 OBO

It is still for sale, so I have lowered the asking price. I will consider offers and even partial trades.
Past BoD Member

Old 03-13-2017, 06:35 PM
PCS Member

Default $19,500 Possible Trade

Just in case anyone here is interested, I am reducing the price to $19,500. I would be very happy to sell it to someone in our group. Lucille and I are going to start a new adventure, so we are no longer going to own a professional car. We are not going away, but we will be visitors. We just want something we never had before, maybe a car from the Fifties through Seventies. We are open. We have had lots of fun and good times with professional cars, but we are possibly closing that chapter of the book, we will see. If you have a serious interest in buying, or trading, let me know.
Past BoD Member

Old 04-20-2017, 10:16 PM
PCS Member

Default Is There Any Interest

I am curious, is there any interest in this car. I realize that maybe I was asking too much, but I have lowered my expectations. I probably priced it way too high in the beginning, but I have about that much in it. I love the car and I have really enjoyed owning it, but I am going out of the ambulance business, so to speak. My life is changing and I really would like to sell this ambulance to someone who really wants it. I will tell you, it is far from perfect, but it is a good running and good driving parade and local show car. Call me and I will tell you all about it, the good, the bad and the ugly.

I am very motivated to sell it, as I will soon be losing storage for it. If you would like to make an offer, please do so. I will consider a partial trade, preferably not a procar, plus cash, if that would help anybody.

ASKING $18,500 Please see the photo album for pictures from beginning til now. This was a longtime Oregon car, I have original Protect-O-Plate too.
Past BoD Member

The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Marcy For This Useful Post:
Denny Shira (04-22-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 10:00 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 4,405 Times in 1,979 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Bill,
You need to get it to a bigger audience! Not enough people on this site. I have pretty much given up on selling anything on here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurt Arends For This Useful Post:
Bill Marcy (04-22-2017), Richard Vyse (04-22-2017)
Old 04-22-2017, 04:06 PM
PCS Member

Kurt - I'm sorry to hear you haven't had the luck you've wanted here - but I have to disagree.

Mr. Marcy has listed this car on Craigslist (and eBay if I'm not mistaken) for some time, and its sale has been advertised on multiple Facebook pages related to professional cars. This is not a question of exposure. It is surely a nice ambulance - so I am sure he is reconsidering what it will take to sell it if he truly wishes it gone.

As I learned - more than a few make big talk about wanting a "rare high-top ambulance" but when one comes available the silence is deafening. The audience of serious buyers of these vehicles and their related items is small indeed. The proportion of those who have good intentions/motivations that are similar to my own are even less. When it gets down to it -many folks who want these vehicles already have at least one.

There may be less people on this forum than the exposure elicited by eBay or Craigslist. But I believe I am far more likely here to find the serious and appropriately motivated buyer/trader that I would want to deal with. I have only sold one of my professional cars - and I put up ads on the appropriate Facebook pages as well as here. However, the actual sale to a fellow PCS member occurred through this forum within 2 months of it coming available. Couldn't have been happier.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by Nicholas Studer; 04-22-2017 at 04:26 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nicholas Studer For This Useful Post:
Bill Marcy (04-22-2017), David Henry (04-22-2017), Denny Shira (04-22-2017), Steve Loftin (04-22-2017)
Old 04-22-2017, 04:43 PM
Website Member

I agree with Nick, when I was looking for my ambulance had people offer me cars that needed various levels of restoration to museum quality and the prices reflected the condition. But at the end of the day, the vehicle I purchased fit my ideal of condition for my first ProCar.

After all, I had a desire to own a high top ambulance, but was not sure after I purchased one, how much I was going to enjoy it. So far, I am not discouraged. I plan to own this car, take care of it, maybe improve its appearance a bit as it does not need much and hopefully sell it to someone with a similar entry level interest.

My ultimate goal is to still own a 1973 S/S Medic Mark in awesome condition and there is one in Southern Pines, NC that one day I hope the PCS member that owns it will see fit to sell it. TO ME!

So in my case it was not so much about the audience as it was finding the right car for me from a seller that I trusted.
Bill Leverett (04-22-2017), Bill Marcy (04-22-2017)