Gotta get a better paint job...

Now here is an example of going cheap on paint and body. As you know I decided at this time to just get the Lifeliner painted to see if it is something I would keep. Well, we're keeping it and will have to get a much better paint job on it in 2010. Just had some rust bubbles repaired on the doors and now the roof under the chrome strips is showing signs again. Overall not a bad job (for the money) but will seek a good paint and body guy next. I've talked to Russ's people in Detroit and anxious to see his rig or maybe I could talk with Brady's guy while in Flint.
We'll see!

PS: Bill Wright is bringing engine paint and is willing to help me paint my exhaust manifolds while in Flint.

Now here is an example of going cheap on paint and body. As you know I decided at this time to just get the Lifeliner painted to see if it is something I would keep. Well, we're keeping it and will have to get a much better paint job on it in 2010. Just had some rust bubbles repaired on the doors and now the roof under the chrome strips is showing signs again. Overall not a bad job (for the money) but will seek a good paint and body guy next. I've talked to Russ's people in Detroit and anxious to see his rig or maybe I could talk with Brady's guy while in Flint.
We'll see!

PS: Bill Wright is bringing engine paint and is willing to help me paint my exhaust manifolds while in Flint.

Thats why its better to do it right the first time. Now it will cost more because there is one more paint job to remove.

Fun!

People need to remember what you started with and all the fun you have had since the 'economy' paint job-you have to be one of the most pro active PCS members! If you had a perfect paint job, you might not be taking it everywhere.....:)

rust bubbles will appear most have nothing to do with the paint job. but a lot of times appear right after because you have thinned the panel out striping the car . one should always re do the insides of the doors during the rebuild . your there and you have the panels off taking out the door handles and all, a shot of rusty primer out of a spray bomb will a lot of time prolong the problem your having for quite a few years. but then so does inside storage. you bought a car in salt country and are now using it in a high humidity country. your fighting rust on this one for ever. the think is to enjoy the car between repairs and your doing just that. then fix the little problems that come up. but do them right inside and out. the body on a old car is no different then the drive train. a constant state of repair. but admit it it still looks pretty good for what you paid the guy. it's always a balancing act between using the car and keep it sharp. but I told you so on the moldings. that is one nasty place on the MM so far the seam on the S&S were they joined the lower body is proving to be just as nasty. got to love them wearing out some of us would starve otherwise

Back