1964 Buick combo Dayton

thanks for the data plate. I'm wondering if it's not this one that was for sale out on the cost. low mileage and all but they had a hard time selling it. it went east and surfaced again in Ohio.

Attachments

• 1964 flexable combanation 1.jpg
    1964 flexable combanation 1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 1964 flexable combanation 2.jpg
    1964 flexable combanation 2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 128
Partition

This is the standard-wheelbase Flxette model. It would not have had a partition. As far as the lack of a jump seat, it looks like whoever redid the rear floor, eliminated the seat and covered everything, including the stepwell, with a solid platform.

This is from a 62 sales brochure it shows a partition as a extra cost option on the Flextte combination or ambulance. I would assume you could get this option until the end of Flxibles production?

Attachments

• Flexett 1.jpg
    Flexett 1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Flexett 2.jpg
    Flexett 2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Flexett 3.jpg
    Flexett 3.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 113
pics of the New Carlisle car

Here are a few pics of the New Carlisle car I took last night.

Attachments

• interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 107
  • under hood.jpg
    under hood.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 107
more pics

Here are a couple more pictures.

Attachments

• interior rear.jpg
    interior rear.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 112
  • rear seat area floor covers it.jpg
    rear seat area floor covers it.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 106
If Dan didn't buy it

If Dan Scully didn't buy this, someone else might want to give it consideration. The car runs strong and shifts smoothly. Looks like it has body filler in rear quarters, very minor rust at front passenger fender wheel well. Looks like car was modified to have a back seat, the back seat was removed, and a new floor added, which appears to be plywood with a vinyl covering. Owner seems like an honest man, says bought it a year ago from CW Coach, wants the money to finish work on another project (he's a gear head) and said he thought about pulling the motor and tranny to use in a "hot rod", but can't bring himself to part out a numbers matching car.

This car is a long wheelbase Premier, not a Flxette.

I kind of thought we were mixing bodies there that shot from the rear proves it.
one clean shot dead one from either side would have done it.

the car should have two jump seats and a divider. it would have been laied out as the combo Bill Wright brought up to Albony

Attachments

• IMG_0466 64 flexable comboa.jpg
    IMG_0466 64 flexable comboa.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0468a.jpg
    IMG_0468a.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 96
Photo of the builder's plate. View attachment 27743

Sent the serial plate image to Tom McPherson and, according to the information from this plate he traced the car in the Flxible Production and Delivery Record Book. This Flxette is a model FB610-64 which was a Flxible Buick (FB) combination car (610) for 1964 (64). This Flxible Flxette was body number 1388 and was sold by Flxible's Indiana-based dealer - L. R. Wangler of Warsaw, Indiana - to the Klaehn Funeral Home in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The car was delivered to Klaehn on December 23, 1963. Now you know the rest of the story...or something.

I kind of thought we were mixing bodies there that shot from the rear proves it.
one clean shot dead one from either side would have done it.

the car should have two jump seats and a divider. it would have been laied out as the combo Bill Wright brought up to Albony

The serial plate on this long-wheelbase Premier indicates that it wasn't built as an ambulance. This FB61-64 survivor was a Flxible Buick (FB) combination car (61) for 1964 (64). According to available records Flxible body number18405 was sold by H. & R. Professional Car Sales of Kirkwoood, Missouri to the Fertig Funeral Home in New Haven, Missouri and delivered on March 9, 1964. So...here's Another one with it's history traced.

So was the New Carlisle car's first owner in Indiana or Missouri?

Sounds the the car was from Missouri Scott. It was traded in to Butler Coach in Indianapolis at one point in the 80's. Thats where Carl Woerner purchased it a number of years later after Ducky Love used it for advertising. Ducky Love use to have a fleet of cars with big giant animals on the roof. They would drive people around with them. They had some very interesting cars over the years!

Too many cars in one thread. If you read carefully, the New Carlisle car in the original Craigslist ad was a Flxette first sold in Indiana to its first owner, also in Indiana. The data plate that Ed posted is from the long wheelbase red Premier pictured, which was sold new in Missouri.

I think.

Too many cars in one thread. If you read carefully, the New Carlisle car in the original Craigslist ad was a Flxette first sold in Indiana to its first owner, also in Indiana. The data plate that Ed posted is from the long wheelbase red Premier pictured, which was sold new in Missouri.

I think.

Sorry, I didn't read the other post! I just saw the one posted above. I knew the Ducky Love car was in Indiana atleast in the 1980's traded in to Butler Coach and resold to Ducky Love and then traded back and resold to Carl Woerner. I assumed from the above post we were talking about the same car that was for sale in Ohio and not two different cars! Steve L your right it is a shame the floor was changed. Carl had Eagle Coach put that floor in it because Ducky Love had seats in the back at one time. PCS member Sean Hennessy owned this car for years. When he moved from Ohio to California he took the car with him. When he moved back Carl ended up with the car. Thats why it has the California plates but it is a midwestern car. I talked to Carl about it last night. He said it was a nice car if you could get past the rust and the bondo. He said the frame was rusty as well. I think at $3900 it was priced as a project car and hopefully it found a good home.
As for Ducky Love it was a car rental business in Indianapolis. I think it was really called: Love Rent a Bent Car. But it was run by Orville "Ducky" Love. They had hearses and Limos that had big giant animals on the roof. People would pay to ride around in them for partys etc

Last edited:
with out a clear pictures of the blue and white one from all the angles it is hard to tell. if it's a flexit or premier. but I have never seen a short wheel base car with that kind of room for the gurney.

the red and white premier was one Bill Wright brought to Albany meet. I posted pictures of it's build numbers so that it could be compared. it was a combo set up for as a ambulance as everyone knew. so now which car is the one with the California tags on it

with out a clear pictures of the blue and white one from all the angles it is hard to tell. if it's a flexit or premier. but I have never seen a short wheel base car with that kind of room for the gurney.

the red and white premier was one Bill Wright brought to Albany meet. I posted pictures of it's build numbers so that it could be compared. it was a combo set up for as a ambulance as everyone knew. so now which car is the one with the California tags on it

The blue and white in Dayton is and was an original wheelbase Flxette combination car. The red and white "ambulance wannabe" is a long wheelbase Premier that was also combination car when it rolled off the Loudonville assembly line in 1964. It was not built nor was it considered or classified as an ambulance by The Flxible Company. It was strictly a combination car.

yes the one of Bill former cars is will known.

but we have this blue and white one listed in a number of places with a different tags on it in all of them that was to have come from the west cost only to find out it was sold first in the mid west. the beacon goes from a pusher on it, to up right in the pictures also. it shows the same interior in it with California tags. but it to have been gutted and seats put in it with a duck on top before Carl got it. when it should have had Ohio tags. at no time does it show a vinyl top as stated. how many blue and white flexits are we talking about here. cause counting the rusty one I put up I'm seeing or hearing at least two others if the stories are true. now one pictures is from the video and the other is off one of the posted discussions sites. both of these show the same interior in the latest pictures. but different calf tags

Attachments

• 1964 flexit.JPG
    1964 flexit.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 1964 flexit 2.JPG
    1964 flexit 2.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 90
Back