Michigan Chapter at The Old A Restaurant

Yesterday, the Michigan Chapter had a cruise-in at The Old A Restaurant in Flint, MI. It was hot and humid, but that didn't stop us from having a great time. We had a wonderful turnout and even had two very special Chapter members that drove all the way from Ontario and New York (Joe Van Volkenburg and Ray Nowak). Those in attendance were Joe; Ray; Brady Smith; Kevin, Kevin, & Michael Parkinson; Kim McDonald; Brad, Dewayne, and Lenore Ross; Howard Schulz; Dennis Lloyd; John Kline; Russ Dalziel; Tom Boaz; Andrew Zajkowski; and another couple that we hope will join the Chapter. Besides the great food, lots of prizes, great discussions, we were able to show off our vehicles to many of the folks that visited the restaurant. Here are a couple pictures from yesterday's event.

Attachments

• Pedigree2 001.jpg
    Pedigree2 001.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 227
  • Pedigree2 006.jpg
    Pedigree2 006.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 218
  • Pedigree2 004.jpg
    Pedigree2 004.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 212
  • Pedigree2 009.jpg
    Pedigree2 009.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Pedigree2 010.jpg
    Pedigree2 010.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 210
Here are a couple more pictures from yesterday's event.

Attachments

• Pedigree2 003.jpg
    Pedigree2 003.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 224
  • Pedigree2 002.jpg
    Pedigree2 002.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 199
  • Pedigree2 008.jpg
    Pedigree2 008.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 209
Nice attendance. Looks like Brady had a good portion of his stable present. Pro-Cars are like wife's in that they need a good airing out once in awhile.

Don't forget...

Don't forget Tom Boaz and Russ Dalziel who also came by. And my personal thanks to Brad Ross, Kevin Parkinson, and Darwin Groves who helped ferry my cars over to the event and back to The Garaj Mahal.

For a chapter cruise-in, you had an EXCELLENT turnout! Congratulations and keep up the good work over there.

I was very pleased with the turnout. We were supposed to have thunderstorms throughout the day, but it never rained. You will have to come to one of our events, Tony.

Don't forget Tom Boaz and Russ Dalziel who also came by. And my personal thanks to Brad Ross, Kevin Parkinson, and Darwin Groves who helped ferry my cars over to the event and back to The Garaj Mahal.

...from Superior Ambulance Service in Flint? There's a name I haven't heard in years! I visited Superior (and photographed a few of their cars) a couple of times in the late 1970s.

Another View

Here is another view of the 1959 Superior Cadillacs at Saturday's Michigan Chapter meet.

Attachments

• 1959 Superiors.jpg
    1959 Superiors.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 88
I remember that.

I remember that Steve. I was Darwin's partner in that venture at one time. That was the first time we met. Darwin is semi-retired and drives my coach once in a while.

By the way Steve,

I would LOVE to see those photos. They would make a good item in the Michigan Chapter magazine.

Back