Emergency Vehicle Show Winners

James Fischer

PCS Member
This past Friday and Saturday the annual Ripon Emergency Vehicle show and parade was held.
My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting fellow PCS member Mike McDonald and his beautiful Crown fire truck and also PCS member Chris Bruno and his spectacular MM Criterion.
PCS member Tom Shafer(Medic 5) and I were in both code 3 parades held Friday night and Saturday afternoon and enjoyed conversation over a couple of hot fudge sundaes.Thanks Tom !!
Both Mike and Tom recieved awards which was no surprise,but I was honored to recieve the "Fire Chiefs Choice" award which really surprised me given all the other emergency vehicles in attendance.

Enjoy a few pictures:

044_zps958c8d5f.jpg

Mike McDonalds Crown
bth_045_zps064de089.jpg

bth_065_zps73a8a853.jpg

bth_067_zps58b5e0b9.jpg

052_zps67643a97.jpg

bth_058_zps1f56f06d.jpg

073_zps15db26c5.jpg

079_zps9e3f96d7.jpg

bth_080_zpsadd9db2c.jpg

Last edited:
The Criterion belongs to Chris Bruno a good friend of Tom Shaffer and Robert Sheperd's. I believe it was lime green and white in it's earlier life? Our X-Nevada Division of Forestry (4X4) CROWN Firecoach Triple Combination Pumper won Best Fire Engine-Apparatus. An Excellent Show ALWAYS! MM

The Criterion belongs to Chris Bruno a good friend of Tom Shaffer and Robert Sheperd's. I believe it was lime green and white in it's earlier life? Our X-Nevada Division of Forestry (4X4) CROWN Firecoach Triple Combination Pumper won Best Fire Engine-Apparatus. An Excellent Show ALWAYS! MM

I remember now he did have it repainted. Thanks

Kyle: From being there and seeing it in person you are definately correct. James has not missed even the slightest detail to have it totally period correct and complete. MM

Hewy & Ruth.....

Also receiving 1st Place at this show for "Best Daily Driver" was long-time PCS Members Hewy & Ruth Wick for their BEAUTIFUL X-San Diego City Fire Chief's CROWN VIC. MM

This past Friday and Saturday the annual Ripon Emergency Vehicle show and parade was held.
My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting fellow PCS member Mike McDonald and his beautiful Crown fire truck and also PCS member Chris Bruno and his spectacular MM Criterion.
PCS member Tom Shafer(Medic 5) and I were in both code 3 parades held Friday night and Saturday afternoon and enjoyed conversation over a couple of hot fudge sundaes.Thanks Tom !!
Both Mike and Tom recieved awards which was no surprise,but I was honored to recieve the "Fire Chiefs Choice" award which really surprised me given all the other emergency vehicles in attendance.

Enjoy a few pictures:

044_zps958c8d5f.jpg

Mike McDonalds Crown
bth_045_zps064de089.jpg

bth_065_zps73a8a853.jpg

bth_067_zps58b5e0b9.jpg

052_zps67643a97.jpg

bth_058_zps1f56f06d.jpg

073_zps15db26c5.jpg

079_zps9e3f96d7.jpg

bth_080_zpsadd9db2c.jpg

I like that, James! Everyone and their dog was there!!!

Taz

Skip,
The dog is K/9 officer Taz and is my sons working dog.
He LOVES to pose for the cameras as you can see and is a real crowd favorite at community events,but he has a business side as well and loves "getting the bad guy" :thumbsup:

Skip,
The dog is K/9 officer Taz and is my sons working dog.
He LOVES to pose for the cameras as you can see and is a real crowd favorite at community events,but he has a business side as well and loves "getting the bad guy" :thumbsup:

Nothing like a big, friendly dog! When I got out of the car at Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago, there was a pickup sitting just down from me with a huge white dog in the back. So in walking by I spoke to the go and that big, long tail began to wag. That was my cue to go say hi. I walked over to the pickup and he walked right up to me. I reached over and pet him and got a big slurpy kiss in return! When I turned to go in the store he started to whine, so I just took a few more minutes to visit with my new-found friend.

k9

hey james, taz looks like my german shepherd greta. i call here maggie and she is definetly not one to play with. well i mean not to be taken lightly anyway. i got her from my bro in law who is a hpd officer. she was deaf in one ear and the pd couldnt use her so after all the training she became mine. took em awile to figure it out. i spent one solid week learning how she can be used with verbal commands as well as hand signals and now she is just part of the family. only had to get her after someone once. she alerts by sitting. always wondered why she always sat when i was taking her on our daily walk and id stop at the neighbors down the street. i finally had a adult moment and figured it out.

hey james, taz looks like my german shepherd greta. i call here maggie and she is definetly not one to play with. well i mean not to be taken lightly anyway. i got her from my bro in law who is a hpd officer. she was deaf in one ear and the pd couldnt use her so after all the training she became mine. took em awile to figure it out. i spent one solid week learning how she can be used with verbal commands as well as hand signals and now she is just part of the family. only had to get her after someone once. she alerts by sitting. always wondered why she always sat when i was taking her on our daily walk and id stop at the neighbors down the street. i finally had a adult moment and figured it out.

That's cute, Kyle. Except in your case it's an acute senior moment!

Back