1970 Superior Ambulance help or suggestions needed

James Fischer

PCS Member
Hello all,
Well I am seeking some help/suggestions for my "new" ambulance that I purchased almost a month ago......
The rig is located in a small community ,about 2 hours from Grand Junction CO.
I have had it listed for over 3 weeks on Uship with no success.....it seems that there are NO trucks that ever go that way....although from what the seller says it is right off of I 70......
The trucks that are interested(2) want it picked up in Grand Junction.....which could be done since the ambulance runs and drives fine.......but the seller cannot move it except for the week-ends.......and the trucks says they cannot give that close of a window to pick it up.....:(
If anyone has any suggestions I would certainly take them.....
Thank you all in advance ~!!!!!
Jim

Last edited:
Martin Rousseau

I've mentioned Martin repeatedly. He's based in Denver, transports over the entire lower 48, is as reasonably priced as one will find for open transport (last checked still .75/mile), and has experience dealing with oversize inop procars. Expect a 30-60 day wait before he can get to something. If he says that he isn't taking new clients, tell him I referred you. Spend the $65/month, throw your '70 in a fenced self service storage outdoors, wait until Martin can handle it, and stop stressing. Problem solved.

If everyone would save his number this wouldn't keep being brought up. ;)

I'll mention it........

I'll mention this to the hauler who is based here in Decatur, IL........he brought my flower car from New Jersey, so he has pro'car experience.........

Martin Rousseau

I've mentioned Martin repeatedly. He's based in Denver, transports over the entire lower 48, is as reasonably priced as one will find for open transport (last checked still .75/mile), and has experience dealing with oversize inop procars. Expect a 30-60 day wait before he can get to something. If he says that he isn't taking new clients, tell him I referred you. Spend the $65/month, throw your '70 in a fenced self service storage outdoors, wait until Martin can handle it, and stop stressing. Problem solved.

I used Martin a year and a half ago to transport my Comet Olds from southern Oregon to Mesa, AZ. He was recommended to me at that time by Attila, and I was very satisfied with the service and the price. Nice guy, too.

Attachments

• Comet 21.jpg
    Comet 21.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 519
That's great Terry! I didn't realize Martin ended up handling your '59. Since then, he has upgraded to a new heavier duty 22' trailer. :thumb:

After Martin brought my '58 Superior flower car from CO to TX, I used him for a '60 MM Futura from NM to TX. Then a friend used him for a '46 Chevy truck from TX back to CO on return trip. Alex Lohmann used Martin to bring his '59 Superior from IN to TX. Earlier this year Martin took a '61 MM ambulance I bought in AZ clear to NY...

Jim,
I used Rapid Auto Transport 877-558-3205. They delivered my 84 Cadillac Eureka Limo. from DC to upstate NY with no problem and at a fair price.
Gus

hard to find a man that wants to stop in fly over country. we have had some problems each time finding the return runner. the man living here would be the best choice. I would give him the call. getting a load going east from Calf would be a lot easier then getting a driver for one going west from Colorado. no one wants to dead head more then they have to. so the Colorado man that could pick up a load at home and get a easy return load would be a happy camper.

Thank you to everyone so far for your tips and suggestions.....

I have moved over 20 cars in the past......so I am not really too new to the game...but Procars are all together differant.......

Currently I am working with a retired trucker who still has the "road" in his blood I guess...so he has his truck and a 34' gooseneck that keeps him busy....he is out of Colorado Springs and the ambulance is ony a few hours from him.......he is on his way back from Florida....
So,I am keeping my fingers crossed.....will update as the saga continues........:confused:

Attention: Attila..........

Martin Rousseau

Attila,
Just wanted to mention that Martin was the gentleman that hauled the 70 Superior for me.....
I had a listing on USHIP and he responded......and accepted the bid.....
Didnt realize it was him until I re-read your post here...and then I recognized the white van and trailer !!
Your right he was fair,honest and no drama kind of guy !!!
and like you said you have to be patient with him as he seems to be booked months in advance......
Thanks again !!
Jim

Back