landau bar help needed

John Royark JR

PCS Member
I have a Facebook friend that recently bought a 74 M-M combo with removable panels. His bars are missing (he has the panels), and he is trying to find some. What years did they use the same style bar, and does anyone here have some for sale? The landau bars must be from a removable panel, they are smaller than the fixed landau panel.

Check with Carl Woerner in Cinti. I recall Carl having a bunch of removable panels and should have the bars.

I have a set of removable M-M landau panels, but only one has a landau bar. If it'll be of any help let me know John. It is still bolted on and think the chrome caps are still there (removable panels use flush caps, no knobs)

I have a set of removable M-M landau panels, but only one has a landau bar. If it'll be of any help let me know John. It is still bolted on and think the chrome caps are still there (removable panels use flush caps, no knobs)

What year are the panels from. He don't need the panels, but he may be interested if its the same as 74. Can you post a pic of the bar so it may help see what years are the same?

If memory serves me correctly I believe they were straight up to 1971 when they went with the curve or "S" style. 71 was a body style change and that was when they changed. They went back to straight in 1977.

What year are the panels from. He don't need the panels, but he may be interested if its the same as 74. Can you post a pic of the bar so it may help see what years are the same?

Not sure what year they're off of John, and will post a pic for you asap. I'd guess they're 1960's. Landau bar is the older style with harsh angles, and it's available if one landau bar helps him out. I used the other one on my former '67 M-M combination

John, here's the one M-M landau I have...

IMG_1873_zps977149e0.jpg

And for those that PM'd about buying the set of landau panels, yes I have both panels but only one is hung up in the pole barn
IMG_1872_zps039b5431.jpg

The first call van panels were bought in Michigan. Yes they are "upside down" but will get reversed someday LOL

Thanks for the pix, but this is not the style of the year range he needs. Could you measure the distance between holes, Im curious if they are at least the same length.

Back