Introducing Armbruster Stageway hearses

We have a match!!! :yum:

doorstopi.jpg

In my humble opinion, that is just awful. If I was a Funeral Director looking for a coach I would spend the $$ on the restoration of a vintage coach or buy a really nice 95-96ish LT1 Cadillac, or even a clean used DTS chassis coach. I would do anything before I put my name plates in the window of this thing.

But to the general public ...does it really matter ?? to most people out there a hearse is just a hearse they all look the same. If it has landau bars on it ......it must be a hearse ? Thats what the general public thinks. Am I wrong ?

I'm no expert, but I'm with Danny. This is not the worst design I've seen, it's not too bad. Probably the best they can do given the state of the base Cadillacs (or Lincolns) available.

Honestly, I didn't know Armbruster-Stageway was still around...

I'd be intrigued to see one of these in person when built! This is kinda out of the blue to isn't it, Armbruster-Stageway? First I've heard of this resurrection! Good to see a ole name come back but I hope it doesn't get tainted and soiled in the process though!

In my opinion, based on other coachbuilders' renderings of XTS hearses, I don't think this design is too bad. In fact, I applaud their efforts to recreate the late 1950s-1960s design of a Superior Crown Royale. No, this is no commercial glass car and, yes, the windows are still small in proportion to the large top hat, but they're making an attempt to incorporate some style into the thing (i.e. the wrap-around quarter windows.)

I was recently in receipt of some photos of the prototype car that is basically the brochure car...limousine style on one side and landau on the other. While I do not have permission to post the photos here yet, I do feel they are off to a good start with this design.

But to the general public ...does it really matter ?? to most people out there a hearse is just a hearse they all look the same. If it has landau bars on it ......it must be a hearse ? Thats what the general public thinks. Am I wrong ?

No your not wrong. Your absolutely right. Procar enthusiasts are the hardest critics of coaches. The ones that collect, restore and love vintage coaches are even harder on the new coaches, with most of us loving the lines, proportions, sexy curves, and class is of a vintage coach. None of which this Armbruster-Stageway has.

Although I will say, I showed it to a coworker, who knows nothing about hearses nor cares to, and he said, "That's cool. Roof looks kinda funny though."

I do think its cool/strange to see the Armbruster-Stageway name again. Pretty neat.

actually i like them. limo style better even. had ambruster stageway limo and was a nice car. i thought they made the first 6 doors. could be wrong.

John Q Public thinks

We've discussed the topic of a "matching fleet" here before. I feel you should at least use the same color and brand. Much to my surprise, the public isn't picking up on the age of the coach or other cars. Of course its tough since the design doesn't change often....Maybe this is a guy thing....
Do those of you "in the business" worry about what people think of your fleet???

No doubt these are former Federal Coach employees who have started this venture. I wonder if they're actually a certified Cadillac Master Coachbuilder. I don't see their company name listed on the Cadillac website.

Is somebody jerking our chain?

That phone number is Southwest Professional Vehicles and Air Conditioner Parts in Dallas. Are we about to see another generation of dealer-built cars? Texas Bondo Sculptures? Or is this for real? Can't find anyone at Cadillac that seems to know.

That phone number is Southwest Professional Vehicles and Air Conditioner Parts in Dallas. Are we about to see another generation of dealer-built cars? Texas Bondo Sculptures? Or is this for real? Can't find anyone at Cadillac that seems to know.

Brady, Southwest is building their on cars now and maybe they bought the rights to the Name of Armbruster? I have talked to Richard at Crain's in Marietta which is part of this group so I knew they were building cars now but didn't know what they were calling them. They have been getting this in the works for several years now.

This is the company that owns Southwest as Brady alluded to. It is former Federal employees hired for a resurrected Armbruster-Stageway name. My understanding is that they are a Cadillac certified Master Coachbuilder. More photos later... here are the raw photos...

Attachments

• armbruster stageway 2013.jpg
    armbruster stageway 2013.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,620
  • armbruster 2.jpg
    armbruster 2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,570
Does the public notice? No, not at all!
After all, every hearse is a Cadillac... Right?
That comment that I get all the time shows how much the general public is informed.

I am glad that I am not the only one that is interested in seeing more of this styling. I understand that this is just a prototype vehicle, but I would really like to see photos of the rear of the coach. Especially those quarter windows. It has been a long time since we have seen more than just the door window on the back of a hearse.

I do wish that they would drop the landau down in the front just a few inches though. Line it up with the top of the doors and create more a flow from front to back.

is it me or does the rear section of that coach ( from the rear door back) look odd ??? maybe its the picture but it looks like the rear panel is flared out a bit ??
Charles is right the landau should be lowered a few inches and I do like the Tiara band on it

Back