cut wires

In the 75 superior ambulance I have been working on, I found three cut wires hanging in the passenger side just under the dash. They are part of the wiring that feeds under the carpet and come out like they were connected to something but I cant figure out what. 2 of them are orange the other is a light blue. Anyone have any ideas as to what they have been attached to?

Attachments

• photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 305
We all have different ways of doing things, but if I were in your shoes I would follow these wires the other way and see where they go. For some that's an intimidating suggestion but it's really not that bad if you approach it with the right attitude.

I'm working on following them but its going to take a while because they go to the patient area. I do know that there isn't any power coming from them.
Thanks
Chris

Wire codes

It's been several years since I had a Superior, but I remember being in the same boat. If you have the 3 buttons that the attendant would use to send a message to the driver, I would take the cover off that and see what color the wires are. Do you have the 3 small lights on the dash (red, amber and green maybe)? If so, are there wires going to them????? I'll see if I have any old photos. E-m me directly if you feel like it.
kevin@thisoldfiretruck.com

most often the orange is dome light. superiors would sometimes have a switch on the master to turn on one light in the back. but as Keven stated tracing it out is the only way to find out. I'm betting there unused. what doesn't work in the back?

Chris...A trick I've used with success is to use a 9 volt battery. Send the small charge from the battery through the wires in different configurations " + to blue wire,- to blue wire etc," and look/listen for anything to happen. The battery is powerful enough to turn on any lights/trip most relays "Listen for a clicking sound" and yet the amperage won't burn anything up if you get it backwards. Telltale clickings or a soft glow from a hidden area of the coach will finally answer your question without having to follow the course of the wires. The orange and blue wires usually were used for lighting in the cargo areas of Superiors as stated earlier....The larger blue wiring was usually used in fans/door solenoids/and heating elements.

Back